Bearded Hen

jimbar

Is it legal to kill a bearded hen in Georgia? I've searched on here and in the regulations and all I can find in the regs is that there is a 3 gobbler limit.

turkeykirk

Gobblers only. No hens bearded or otherwise.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
No its not legal to shoot a hen. There is no open season for hen turkeys in Georgia

Last edited:

Josh B

There is a turkey on my land I've seen several times that has a long skinny beard but has a head like a hen. How do you know for sure what sex it is? Maybe its a tom with a hen head.

nick_o_demus

There is a turkey on my land I've seen several times that has a long skinny beard but has a head like a hen. How do you know for sure what sex it is? Maybe its a tom with a hen head.

Maybe she identifies as a Tom and she roosts in the gobbler tree. She's the one on the lowest hanging branch trying to fit in while the gobblers huddle together and cluck about her.

turkeykirk

Sign of the times. Transgender turkey woods!:rofl:

RP1969

I think we should be able to kill any turkey with a beard as long a they are feeling like a Tom that day. Kinda like the bathrooms at target. :stir: