Bearded hens

Nitro

Banned
It is illegal to kill a bearded hen Turkey in Georgia.

I have seen many of them. The longest beard I witnessed was around 7 inches, bout as big around as a #2 pencil.

They aren't rare.

gobblinglawyer

agarr said:
It is illegal to kill a bearded hen Turkey in Georgia.

I have seen many of them. The longest beard I witnessed was around 7 inches, bout as big around as a #2 pencil.

They aren't rare.

I agree. It is illegal to kill a bearded hen in Georgia as the law provides for gobblers only.

I shot one in Mississippi back in 1998 (a legal kill). The beard was around 7 1/2 inches long and was, as agarr said, about the size of a #2 pencil.

Dog Hunter

I thought it was illegal, but was not sure. I must not hunt an area with bearded hens or not many of them anyway. In 20+ years I have never seen one.

dutchman

I guess they must be the avian equivalent of the bearded lady at the county fair, huh? :eek:

Seriously, I've only seen one in the 17 years that I've hunted turkeys.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have seen several bearded hens. I have seen the same one four years running one one of my propertys. 6 or 7 inch beard about as big around as a pencil.

Arrow3

I have saw 2 or 3 over the years...The longest was 7 to 8 inches...I saw her during bowseason in Oglethorpe County..

beginnersluck

never seen one. Guess I need to make sure it gobbles before I shoot :eek:

QuakerBoy

Glenn said:
Here in Florida you may shoot a Gobbler or Bearded Turkey. I have never seen one...

same in PA....legal...never seen one

QuackAddict

I saw one a few weeks ago in Jasper Co while duck hunting. I saw another one with about an 8 inch beard this past turkey season in Newton Co.