Beaver Trapping

4x4

What license do I need to purchase to be able to trap beavers with conibear traps on property other than my own? I found some 330's and want to put them to good use.

Philbow

a trapping license. If you're planning to get paid then a nuisance trapper license is a really good idea.

4x4

a trapping license. If you're planning to get paid then a nuisance trapper license is a really good idea.

Appreciate the feedback. Im just doing it for fun. I asked, b/c I couldnt find the info I was looking for on the DNR's webpage. All I seen was a commercial trapping license, I suppose thats what I need.

4x4

No license is required to trap beaver. Only needed if you are going to sell the fur.

Unfortunately, you do. If trapping on land you own, you still have to apply and get a permit but its free. I had to spend $50 for a permit. I am trapping on property the local game warden has been trying to trap as well. I called him, told me as long as my paperwork is in the mail I could go ahead and set the traps. He had a conibear out, I moved it to a more reasonable location. Caught one with his trap Wednesday morning, and got one this morning as well out of one of mine!

oldguy

Don't know if you know it or not but beaver makes good eating.
Cut meat in chunks. Trim all fat. Use like beef in stew.
Y-U-M-M-Y!

4x4

A few more catches this morning. I had 2 330's about 20' from each other on a dam. The coon had 1/2 it's rear hind quarter eaten off it!! Went to next set, had an otter, my first! I didn't even know this waterway had otters! Caught one HUGE beaver, I would say 60+ pounder, but can't get pic to upload?Snapchat-1724971200.jpgSnapchat-1124178995.jpg

Latest posts