Beef Ribs

huntindawg

I got a good price on some good looking, thick-sliced beef ribs that I'm gonna smoke w/ a couple of racks of standard pork spares.

I've never done any single ribs like this before, just wondering if any of you forum gurus out there had any advice to make 'em edible?

Probaby do a mix between my standard brisket rub (which is a little more peppery) and rib rub...wasn't sure if I'd need to baste them or not, as a normally don't do much w/ spares.

Anyone got any advice?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have never cooked any already cut up. But my guess is that they will cook faster but dry out easier than if they were still together.

Rivershot

They will cook up real good but like said above will dry out if you're not careful. .
I would cook them for about an hour or until they start to drip then wrap for another 2 or so hours then bast with some sauce and brown um on up.
Good luck and take some pics. I like beef ribs as well if not better than pork sometimes

sleeze

I have never cooked any cut. I would defiantly use something to make sure they dont dry out...apple juice should do the trick.

RobRay

I've been smokin' Dino bones for some time. I marinate them in Mojo or Allegro. Two completely different flavors. Then season them with my own rub. Bad Byrons also works well. Smoke at 250° until done. Baste with apple juice or chicken stock at the end. Wrap in foil and let rest on towels in a cooler for an hour before eatin'. Sorry so late posting

PICT0002a-8.jpg

PICT0003a-6.jpg

PICT0002c-3.jpg

PICT0004c-3.jpg

PICT0001d-5.jpg

:yeah::cheers::banana:

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I got a good price on some good looking, thick-sliced beef ribs that I'm gonna smoke w/ a couple of racks of standard pork spares.

I've never done any single ribs like this before, just wondering if any of you forum gurus out there had any advice to make 'em edible?

Probaby do a mix between my standard brisket rub (which is a little more peppery) and rib rub...wasn't sure if I'd need to baste them or not, as a normally don't do much w/ spares.

Anyone got any advice?

I'll give you some advice after you send me my invite. :bounce:

huntindawg

Sorry Martin, had already filled my house guest quota of 1 Techie this weekend....

They turned out pretty good, could have been better, forgot how much I dislike any sugar (sugar in the raw/brown) component in my dry rub for beef at all.

Woodscrew

I been wanting to try some of those. They sure do look good.

huntindawg

Yeah, I got these from the local Sam's club....

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Sorry Martin, had already filled my house guest quota of 1 Techie this weekend....

They turned out pretty good, could have been better, forgot how much I dislike any sugar (sugar in the raw/brown) component in my dry rub for beef at all.

Yeah with two techies around you would have violated that " maximum IQ limit per property" ordinance that Athens has. :whip:

blues brother

Were yours the whole bone like robrays? Or were they the "flanken" style? Flanken is where the butcher runs the rack thru the saw and you get a section of each rib bone in a slab of meat....just learned that term a few days ago!
I tried some "flanken" beef ribs from sams the other day and they would have been awesome had I not burned them...
I was grilling them after an overnight marinade in a sweet oriental mix and got on the blasted phone. I will try them again cause the ones that were not "charred" were really good.