Been feeding Victor Red for years. No longer available. What are y’all feeding your labs?

godogs57

Victor dog food had a major setback about three months ago. Salmonella found in their food. $35 million recall on their feed. My lab absolutely loved Victor and performed well with it. Went to another brand that was just plain no good. Trying diamond brand and it’s ok but if she eats a pound of it I get a two pound poop, so to speak, which is a red flag for me. Plus, it gives her the worst dog breath I’ve ever seen.
Have not used Pro Plan in years due to a good bit of negative reviews.

What are y’all feeding?

SLY22

Useles Member !
My dog ( Boykin ) eats Pro Plan. It's all he has ever had. He will be 5 yo in May.

ghadarits

Inukshuk 26/16. For my Labrador and a mix of the 26/16 and their marine formula for our Draht. Both dogs like it and their stool is firm so easier for me to manage.

As far as I know Inukshuk has never had a recall.

Toliver

Victor is available again. Maybe not all flavors? But Tractor Supply had lots of it and several different flavors last time I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Toliver

I really like Victor for my hunting dogs but the price has led me to change to Black Gold.
They are proud of it. 60+ dollars for some of those bags. Not as bad as Royal Canin though. I expect golden ****s if I'm going to feed that stuff to my dogs.

Toliver

I'll visit Tractor Supply
We used to have it autoshipped from Amazon every 2 weeks. Check there also to see if the price is right and if they have your preferred flavor in stock. We had to try something different due to my female shepherd having itchy skin and they didn't have the autoship option available in the new flavor. But when we were using Amazon it was cheaper than TSC and quite convenient having it dropped off on the front porch.