Belated News Years and Other Eats

ryork

Little late posting some pics of a traditional New Years meal. A mix of mustard, turnip and collard greens with some homemade pepper sauce, blackeyed peas, pork chops and corn bread.

Seared tripletail, creole rice and sauce at Skull Creek Boat House near Hilton Head. The Virginia V burger, bacon, pimento cheese and slaw topped, at Fat Patties in Bluffton SC.

Been playing around with the new Blackstone. Last night did some chicken marinated in Speidie Sauce, with peppers and onions, topped with provolone sammich.1-5 (1).jpg1-5 (2).jpg1-5 (3).jpg1-5 (4).jpg1-5 (5).jpg1-5 (6).jpg1-5 (7).jpg1-5 (8).jpg1-5 (9).jpg1-5 (10).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking eats! I think I could eat that whole flock of chicken sammiches there! Never heard of Speidie sauce, had to google it.

ryork

My father in law who passed away earlier this year was from upstate New York. He turned me on to that Spiedie sauce. He used to order it by the case, can find it at most grocery stores around here now.

GA1dad

BAM!!!! All of that looks like it would go down good,,, especially the peas, collards and cornbread!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Little late posting some pics of a traditional New Years meal. A mix of mustard, turnip and collard greens with some homemade pepper sauce, blackeyed peas, pork chops and corn bread.

Seared tripletail, creole rice and sauce at Skull Creek Boat House near Hilton Head. The Virginia V burger, bacon, pimento cheese and slaw topped, at Fat Patties in Bluffton SC.

Been playing around with the new Blackstone. Last night did some chicken marinated in Speidie Sauce, with peppers and onions, topped with provolone sammich.View attachment 955056View attachment 955057View attachment 955058View attachment 955059View attachment 955060View attachment 955061View attachment 955062View attachment 955063View attachment 955064View attachment 955065

Nuther Home Run Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!