Beliefs

WaltL1

I would like to apologise to all for having a caring and loving heart and putting others before myself . I know this is a terrible stance in today's world where it's every man for himself . I new the well wishes were to good to be true .

I also find it saddening that adults gain satisfaction from children doing whatever it takes to curb hunger pains . I pray that this never happens to you or your family , We are only one aliment away from becoming addicted to perscription drugs . I deal with it regularly from affluent an succesful families . Don't ever say it want to you or your family .
Don't go getting all dramatic on us Bro David.
We have all tipped our hat to you for your efforts to help those who need it.
However its also true that some folks are in that situation because they put themselves there. Some are in that situation through no fault of their own.
Its the ones that put themselves there and would rather not lift a finger to get themselves out that there is no tolerance for.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Im still not getting your point but yes religious study in school was the norm.
But there still are Christian schools etc.
I think if Christians didn't get divorces, abortions, get locked up etc etc it would be easier to point a finger at "society".
Society isn't forcing Christians not take their religion as serious as it used to.
I will agree that society makes it tougher for Christian parents. Society makes it tougher on ALL parents than it used to be.
Is that a matter of sociietys strength or is it exposing weakness in religion?
I’m not real sure, it could be society’s strength growing / changing, rather than a weakness in religion.

I guess my point is pertaining to the responsibility portion and how it is sometimes viewed.

The Puritans on a quest for freedom of religion most likely felt that part of their parental responsibility was to ensure that kids in their community were taught religion as it helps protect their values.

That same concept applies today. People still see that their responsibility is to ensure that our govt operates in a manner that protects our values.

What some need to realize is as society grows, those values change. We shouldn’t be shocked that we don’t do some things today as we did years ago.

Some Christians are stuck in the mindset that we are becoming an ungodly nation and we will all be doomed. They need to reread the Sodom and Gomorrah story and see if there are any righteous left before crying the sky is falling. It can viewed that ungodliness has affected our society as one reason it’s changed.

That being said, the non religious should understand that we only want the same things they do, our values protected.

The problem is within all of that mix, we have given more power to the govt. so everything now looks as if we are govt dependent.

Last edited:

Brother David

Don't go getting all dramatic on us Bro David.
We have all tipped our hat to you for your efforts to help those who need it.
However its also true that some folks are in that situation because they put themselves there. Some are in that situation through no fault of their own.
Its the ones that put themselves there and would rather not lift a finger to get themselves out that there is no tolerance for.
Wasn't being dramatic , just trying to change the bashing point .

Brother David

But do you agree on in just the topic of more fatherless kids, more kids having babies and more sex out of marriage is greater now then it was then?

Was not God a bigger part of most folks lives then than it is now?
God and values left the home before they left the Church .

The number of Christian homes has declined , but lack of responsibility for one's own actions and dependency on others will be the fall of society as we know it . It's always someone elses fault and don't discipline my baby he/she never does anything wrong . I have a tendency to blame everybody blaming others .

WaltL1

I’m not real sure, it could be society’s strength growing / changing, rather than a weakness in religion.

I guess my point is pertaining to the responsibility portion and how it is sometimes viewed.

The Puritans on a quest for freedom of religion most likely felt that part of their parental responsibility was to ensure that kids in their community were taught religion as it helps protect their values.

That same concept applies today. People still see that their responsibility is to ensure that our govt operates in a manner that protects our values.

What some need to realize is as society grows, those values change. We shouldn’t be shocked that we don’t do some things today as we did years ago.

Some Christians are stuck in the mindset that we are becoming an ungodly nation and we will all be doomed. They need to reread the Sodom and Gonarah story and see if there are any righteous left before crying the sky is falling. It can viewed that ungodliness has affected our society as one reason it’s changed.

That being said, the non religious should understand that we only want the same things they do, our values protected.

The problem is within all of that mix, we have given more power to the govt. so everything now looks as if we are govt dependent.
I don't disagree with anything you said.
It really just boils down to the US we live in today isn't the same as it used to be. Christian, Muslim, other religions, no religions, gay, bi, straight, black, white, yellow, brown, Dem, Repub...….
For everybody to be treated equal, some are going to lose some, some are going to win some, some are going feel attacked, some are going to feel helped etc etc.
Its a gigantic juggling act and nobody is going to be 100% happy about it.

Brother David

I don't disagree with anything you said.
It really just boils down to the US we live in today isn't the same as it used to be. Christian, Muslim, other religions, no religions, gay, bi, straight, black, white, yellow, brown, Dem, Repub...….
For everybody to be treated equal, some are going to lose some, some are going to win some, some are going feel attacked, some are going to feel helped etc etc.
Its a gigantic juggling act and nobody is going to be 100% happy about it.
I don't completely agree or disagree , but I think you left out personal accountability .

WaltL1

I don't completely agree or disagree , but I think you left out personal accountability .
Personal accountability is always there. It goes without saying.

Artfuldodger

And I would say that's a reasonable conclusion. Although, I find what I believe to be true within. But it's a slippery slope picking and choosing what to believe. However, I will say it again, strangely, I feel as though I have no choice in what I believe. As if I have been preprogrammed. And I can see that in the Trins as well. As if they have been preprogrammed. You can show them all day long that the Trinity was not a belief until after the nicene creed, thus, could not have been taught by the disciples and yet they will never once look into it. Don't you find that strange?. And, another example, how could a just God send his creation to eternal punishment and still be called just. That God would have to bear some of the responsibility for having created us hard heads..... whom can't seem to find him, because he hides to well. But they love the concept of he1l, as if they are programmed to do so.

Wouldn't God also realize that it would be next to impossible for a Hindu to convert to Christianity due to their indoctrination? Wouldn't He have to open their eyes if he wanted them to see.

I may could convince 2 or 3 but God could convince 1,000's. Does one loose out on eternal life because he's been brainwashed as a child?

1gr8bldr

Since I don't believe in he1!, I don't have as hard of a time with my belief of some are chosen, some are not. Of course this brings lots of debate, however, in the OT, our paralleling foundation, God chose one group to reveal himself to and make himself known among many differing beliefs about God and who he was. Without the he1! concept, it does not seem so harsh that God choses whom he wants for eternal life considering he gives us a lifetime. Of course, this is contradicted in NT, such as "all" but we know "all" will not be saved, and I am not saved because I was smart enough to figure it out. I was chosen to have it revealed. At one time that would have been called a knostic. However, the NT points to this. "The Keys of the kingdom have been given to you, but not to them". I will come to you and make myself known... etc. So, I will never expect to see a movement of Hindus or Muslims, or the like converting to Christianity. LOL, there not in the "all"

Israel

BANNED
It is neither harder nor easier for the Hindu, the Muslim, the Baptist, the Catholic, the nuclear physicist, the janitor, the Nobel Laureate or the convicted serial killer, the man, the woman, the child, Priest, Pastor or Imam to believe in Jesus Christ.

The faith is given through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Artfuldodger

Since I don't believe in he1!, I don't have as hard of a time with my belief of some are chosen, some are not. Of course this brings lots of debate, however, in the OT, our paralleling foundation, God chose one group to reveal himself to and make himself known among many differing beliefs about God and who he was. Without the he1! concept, it does not seem so harsh that God choses whom he wants for eternal life considering he gives us a lifetime. Of course, this is contradicted in NT, such as "all" but we know "all" will not be saved, and I am not saved because I was smart enough to figure it out. I was chosen to have it revealed. At one time that would have been called a knostic. However, the NT points to this. "The Keys of the kingdom have been given to you, but not to them". I will come to you and make myself known... etc. So, I will never expect to see a movement of Hindus or Muslims, or the like converting to Christianity. LOL, there not in the "all"

I don't believe in He11 either, if you aren't given everlasting life, you are given eternal death. So that does make it a little more easier perhaps to see salvation as a gift and not the lack there of as being cruel.

It doesn't really make God unjust that there are dead people in the ground that were never given this gift for various reasons. God never called them, we never reached them, their indoctrination never allowed them to convert, their mindset never allowed the to accept, they were hardened not to accept, etc.

No matter the reason, they were blind. How can a blind person see?

Artfuldodger

It is neither harder nor easier for the Hindu, the Muslim, the Baptist, the Catholic, the nuclear physicist, the janitor, the Nobel Laureate or the convicted serial killer, the man, the woman, the child, Priest, Pastor or Imam to believe in Jesus Christ.

I would like to think so but it does appear that more children of the Christians are called to believe than the children of the Hindu.

I'm not sure of the numbers regarding the ancient civilizations of the Americas that came and went. How many of their children died believing?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

I nominate this one for Doozie assertive claim of 2018.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Short version why all Israel doesn't believe;
A remnant was elected by grace and not works. The rest were hardened.

Romans 11:8
As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."
Well, if you wanted to change the rules down the road...wouldn't you also say that?
Hindsight is always 20/20. Easy to write to suit.

ambush80

Does a man get faith because he did something or did God decide to give it to that man?

This question is for all of you who "liked" the post as well.

WaltL1

That's why you don't understand Christianity. Scripture is revealed through the Holy Spirit .
Thats a big can of worms Bro David.
Over 40,000 Christian denominations all with a different "revealing" of various scriptures.