Beliefs

Brother David

I told you what I think and why I think it with an example.
The man I used, because of his understanding of Greek and his education, makes a good case as to why the John's are different. I agree with him.

It goes like this, I can tell you what I think and then back it up with a source for you to also check out OR I can give you the source to check out and tell you the source is the reason I think the way I do.
Same results.

I always try to give my answer and show the information why/where that leads me to that answer.

I do not think because a chapter in the Bible was given the name John long after it was written ,that the chapter was written by a specific John that is also an Apostle. It think it was written about a John not by a John. And since nowhere in the chapter does the author state "I am John the Apostle" and this is my story " It leaves itself open to scrutiny. Revelations mentions a John but the writing styles , language and spelling within the earliest copies differ so much.. that they are most likely two different authors.
These are things that I cannot study. I don't know Koine Greek and I do not have access to the earliest known copies. Like you, I have access to the most modern copies which have been cleaned up over time to read better.
Don't all of us look for the information that proves what we want to prove ?
I have a question about a possible book , that regardless of who the Author of Revelation is , refers to .
The books of Revelation 20:12 . Who do you suppose is writing them . According to Romans 14 : 10-13 we're practically writing them ourselves !

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I have a question about a possible book , that regardless of who the Author of Revelation is , refers to .
The books of Revelation 20:12 . Who do you suppose is writing them . According to Romans 14 : 10-13 we're practically writing them ourselves !
For the thousandth time. I read both Pro and Con and go with what seems more likely than not based off of EVIDENCE. I do not look for or want it to say what I think. I think the way I do because of what the evidence provides.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Doesn't say anything about believing in anyone getting you through the gates. It says the dead will be judged by what they had done as recorded in the books.
So ya better be good for goodness sake....

Last edited:

amoore28

Everyone has to believe in something !

I believe in Jehovah God ( Yaweh ) .
I believe in creation !
I believe in Christ !
I believe in the God Gene !
I believe Christ will return !
I believe in the Holy Trinity !
I believe the Bible to be a accurate account !
I believe every knee shall bow !
I believe every tongue will confess !

I believe someone will try to prove myself wrong instead of stating there beliefs !

What do you BELIEVE ?
I believe what you believe

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Many believe that the thorn in Paul's side was his eye sight . I have often wondered if Paul quoted and someone else penned Hebrews . The line of Belief is definitely Paulinian but the Writing seems to be evidence of a outside Author .
Something else that many over look today is that at this time in history we were still dealing with a very Nomadic people . They often travelled with only the necessary items . Scrolls, Books weren't necessary . History and teachings were passed on from memory ( no room for Books ) . Make no mistake there information was percise and or exact or else lessons learned weren't going to be useful .

Brother, it's widely known and documented how reliable the oral record was. With today's technology it seems almost unfathomable, but yet here it is today, just as it was when it was given.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Brother, it's widely known and documented how reliable the oral record was. With today's technology it seems almost unfathomable, but yet here it is today, just as it was when it was given.
The longevity and inaccuracy of oral fiction has never been questioned. History shows that man is phenomenal at making things up and going with it despite the evidence showing otherwise.
Or have there been any recent Krakken sightings that have eluded the news outlets?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Or have there been any recent Krakken sightings that have eluded the news outlets?

I saw a leftist skeezer in Athens the other day that looked(and smelled) like the Krakken. I was too scared to take her picture though.
Picture Slayer in a tie die t-shirt, dreadlocks and no shower for a couple weeks. Wait, forget the shower part, that's redundant.

WaltL1

I believe that I shouldn't have to subsidize other people's "religions" with my tax dollars.
I wrestle with this subject.
On one hand, tax dollars go to a whole slew of things that I personally don't agree with or use or will benefit me.
Example - companies getting big tax breaks. Im not going to work there, just increases the population in my area driving up land/house prices etc, increased traffic....
HOWEVER. its going to benefit a lot of other folks so the softy in me just accepts it without it causing me too much heartburn.
When it comes to religion, they are YOUR beliefs. You cant even prove your god to exist. Its only going to benefit you etc etc.
YOU pay for it!
Cant decide if Im unfairly separating religion out or not.