Bench

Jester896

Senior Clown
Shame you can’t spray some case lube on that tendon and calm it down. :rofl:

Hope it eases up for you. Sounds like you got it done, though.

I was able to work it back to 60%...pretty clear though that I need to keep working to maintain that it seems.

What do you think is the reason for the spongy feeling setup ?

In the past my presses have been mounted to a steel plate that was mounted to the bench and was solid. I can't describe it any other way but spongy or some type of flex on the In-Line QC base. I have the middle size not the high. I retightened the thumb screws and it seemed to help a little. I would think the high would be worse. My Dillon was also mounted on the plate on the old bench. Went with the riser for that one too on a lighter table.

Reactions: Dub

Darkhorse

You guys are shameing me. My reloading room looks a lot like Hershel House's old cabin where he builds all his muzzleloaders. I think mine started out as a large chicken coop back when my place was farmed. Then much later someone paneled the inside. I just fixed all the holes and moved in.
I built the first bench with 4X4 legs and 2 24X48" pieces of plywood for the top. I built it as a place to build flintlocks but it worked fine for a press, vice and other stuff. But it seemed to stay greasy from working on my chain saws so I built another one just for reloading and working on fishing reels.
This one was also built with 4X4 legs but the top is made from 2X6's it's about 3'X4'.
I guess I'm just a rustic country boy at heart.

Right now my shop is a shambles as it was damaged by Hurricane Micheal. I finally have a new metal roof but I'm cleaning out the inside so they can put me in a new ceiling. All my loading stuff is boxed up just waiting on them to finish that ceiling. And the place is a real mess.
I have a bunch of deer antlers in boxes and I'm going to put them up on the walls above my benches. That should keep things in character.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Now I’m going to have to buy a .35 Whelen.... I was sorting .45ACP to clean off my project table and 100 brand new R-P cases fell out from underneath..... dunno what I will do with those

Jester896

Senior Clown
Well my Dillon 550 is finally converted and locked down to its bench.

Lights on
IMG_2682.jpg

Covered up...time to go eat sumthin fishy

IMG_2683.jpg

Looks like I need to order a couple more In-Line Fabrication items...not sure why I only ordered 3 tool head racks. Got the right amount of powder dies. This pic doesn't show it but the primer tube rack is tucked under the lip of the table right under the press.

Got the end of the project table put away so I could pile all the stuff back on it from the Dillon/MEC table. Got a bunch of .45ACP sorted on the tabletop and under the nickle cases in that #10 coffee can is where I found the 100 .35 Whelen cases. I need to find a new home for those...got um listed a few places already.

Thanks for lighting a fire under me Dutch!

Permitchaser

Man i was just thinking about cleaning my bench. I don't need to move it or get a new place. Just organize. I did it to my fly tying bench a while back

By the way Jester that looks great!

Last edited:

Dub

I like those Inline Fab tool head holders.

Gets them close enough but clears off the bench.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Every time I go in there it is almost overwhelming...I had no idea all of this was in all of those places. I am still in the shifting stages at the moment...I keep shifting it around until I find its home....a few more good days and I may have it.