Benelli Nova for Turkey?

MTK07_UGA

im thinking about getting a benelli nova for turkey hunting this year and a little duck toward the end of that season. i just wanted to know if any of you guys has any experience good or bad with this gun. any info is appreciated thanks guys.

hawglips

Banned
I bought a couple 20 gauge Novas for my sons. No complaints.

Last edited:

hawglips

Banned
'Preciate that!

J Gilbert

I don't hunt with a Nova but my dad has a Super Nova. He's got it setup with a red dot sight, Indian Creek choke and Winchester XR 6's. He killed 3 birds with it last year and 2 the year before I believe. He's very happy with his gun overall, though I think he wishes it was a little lighter for when he's running and gunning. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, especially if weight really isn't an issue for you

Newman

I use a Nova for turkey's. I think they are a great gun. I sold my 870 Express after hunting with the Nelli. If I was to do it over again, I'd get the Supernova instead of the plane Nova...

I bought one off a guy for $150 just because it was a good deal. I ended up toting it this fall when I noticed a small crack in the stock of the SxS I planned on carrying. It shoots a nice pattern with Winchester super X number 4's and the stock full choke. Longest shot this fall was 35yds and the bird went down like a sack of potatoes. They are ugly and bulky but seem to be a solid gun.

WFL

Good gun. The super nove just got a good kick to it is all.