Bennett time running out….

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think he burned up his chance with the Rams. He get 1 more chance elsewhere.
I hope so, I admire what he did against high odds against him.

basshappy

BANNED
Hopefully he is training in some capacity whatever else is happening. Because he could come back, as a backup, and fight to start. He has the talent.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I'm all for second chances, depending on the circumstances, but if Stetson's issues are related to alcohol or some other addiction, I really don't feel sorry for him. I certainly do wish him well and hope he goes on to have a nice NFL career, but dude is nearly 30 years old and his chances are getting slim. If he's willing to be so incredibly stupid and blow such a great opportunity to make a nice living, why should I or anyone else feel sorry for him? I like Stetson, just ain't gonna feel sorry for a dummy. Again, I don't know what he's dealing with, but wish him the very best. Would love seeing him backup Stafford for a few years. Heck, I'd love to see him come QB the Falcons.

LonePine

Its very odd in this day and age where nothing can be kept private, and there are no secrets in NFL front offices, there has been zero info on what is going on with him. At first I just assumed it was alcohol but seems to be something much more than that. Just no idea what that is. Wish him well with whatever he is dealing with.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
In your opinion, would he have started at qb for st Nick?
Yes, we know both Kirby and Saban would make anyone earn the position. That said, he was a talented guy.

MudDucker

Staff member
I'm not shocked. This kid has been throught the ringer both at the bottom of the valley and the top of the mountain.

I wish him only the best and I hope he gets his life back in order whether he plays anouther down or not.

Word is that Stafford isn't letting the front office rule him out, so we shall see.

James12

“If” it’s alcoholism, that’s a disease (we can debate that later if needed), and it was clear at a couple of the celebratory events that he was absolutely hammered (even irritable at times in his speeches).

AGAIN IF this is the case, what I can’t understand is how this wasn't an issue for him or noticed any sooner than him showing up on the scene in LA. Or was it and it was seen as “it’s college and he’s a star” so just leave it alone. I just find it odd that no one in his circle or leadership didn’t see a need to get him help and how it just all of a sudden became an issue day one in the NFL. Hope the dude gets and has whatever support is needed for whatever is going on. Life is far too short and precious!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Its very odd in this day and age where nothing can be kept private, and there are no secrets in NFL front offices, there has been zero info on what is going on with him. At first I just assumed it was alcohol but seems to be something much more than that. Just no idea what that is. Wish him well with whatever he is dealing with.
I've been thinking this same thing since the start!!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yep, I mentioned it a few months back and it wasn’t popular. He’s a 5 year attendee who left without graduation. Obviously focusing on his football. I’ve known many functional alcoholics but eventually there’s clues in their habits that give them away. Hard to believe he was around that many folks and was this jacked up and somebody didn’t see something that was off. Whatever it is he’s dealing with I wish him well. He overcome a lot at UGA so has the personality to come out positive.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I know his dad. I went to school with him at GSU and UGA, he was one of my fraternity brothers. I know Stetson 3 would have pulled him out of school and done whatever he needed to do to get his son right. Starting qb or not. So I think it really manifested itself into a noticeable problem after championship no2.