Berrien Co./Alapaha River

Whitetailer

Not much to report on the property just east of Alapaha. Couple of guys up the last two weekends. A few deer seen, one fork horn on a plot. I will be up after New Years to close things up.

Three deer taken for the season on 1000 acres.

Neighbors to the east seemed to take much more than we did, no good buck that I have heard of though, just a couple of 6 points from them, although one big guy seen earlier.

Whitetailer

Rackbuster

Whitetailer,not too far from you just north of Lax. My father in law went to fill up feeders and had a big buck cross the dirt road with his nose to the dirt. It went into lease and came back on the road and then circle back and walked within 5 ft of his boxstand.:D He said it was biggest buck he ever saw and his son said it had to be a reindeer with that much rack on his head.:rofl:
He said you could see a track where a smaller deer crossed there so he assumed it to be a doe that the buck was trailing. So there are some still looking and because of Christmas we are having Saturday I will be there Sunday morning. Gonna put my camera out also to try to get a picture of him if I don't get him.

Whitetailer

Rackbuster

OH yeah,

I have encountered a few big guys in late season. I shot a 10 point on January 11 abut 14 years ago. That deer was hot on a Doe in esterous. I do not know how many Doe avoid being serviced this late in the year, but it is always a possibility.

Three years ago I was dragging a metal ladder stand with my atv and a huge buck jumped across the road I was on only 40 feet in front of me. I can only assume the Doe ran across shortly before or he would not have done that.

It is tough to be optomistic this late, but it can happen.

Whitetailer

plotthound

Any deer activity go on around nashville. Have not been up since first weekend inn December. Leave on Monday for a week with wife and kids, hope something might be move around its been a slow deer season not too much action.

Whitetailer

plothound

Not much to report. No one on the property for a couple of weeks. There will be some of us up for the last ditch effort for the last couple of weeks. I am taking my son up to hunt next weekend and to bring my ATV home and just close up camp. Gotta move some stands as they are going to thin and burn over the winter.

Russ

Whitetailer

Billy

Yeah, you know it. When I got the property they had just clearcut. It was incredable how many deer I would see. Just because you could see....

Then four years ago when they did a minor thin job it was great hunting the new grown vegatation between the cuts.

I spoke to Jim R and he said he wants back in next year.

Also, Thanks for the referral. I fished your friend his wife and son. We had a nice 1/2 day trip. Caught Reds, Drum, Jacks, Snapper, Sheepshead, Trout, etc.

And, as long as I am talking, that was a very nice Christmas card. The photos tell it all.

Russ

Whitetailer

This seasons results.

No room in the "man room" so had to hang em' in the hallway.

IMG_0139_zps989f80fd.jpg

billy336

Billy H wants back in too :). Nice looking mounts, I've done 3 euros for friends this year. None for me :(, couple weeks left.

Latest posts