Berrien county Alapaha river

Whitetailer

spearjunkie

Leaving the Keys tomorrow morning for the property. Will hunt 8 or 9 days. I like THIS MOON AND THINK THEY WILL BE UP AND CHASING.

Taking the girls at Jernigan's a Key Lime Pie and three pounds of snapper fillets.

Ya hooooo.. Whitetailer/Russ

spearjunky

Russ on my property it is going off my daughter missed a giant my buddies kid killed his first after she missed another came in grunting o and I rattled and grunted it in and it came running in

Whitetailer

sounds good spearjunkie. I found lots of scrapes and god sigh, but I think thighs will be happening this week. My property is so beat up from all of the pines and hardwoods being cut we are struggling to figure out new stand placement.

Im leaving NOW....

Good luck.

Russ 305-393-0013

Whitetailer

Two buck trip!!

Arrived at the Alapaha river bottom property Sat Nov 12th. Sunday morning sitting in a hardwood slough I heard walking in the dry leaves behind me. I turned to my right and a buck that I quickly assessed as an 8 point was about 9 yards to my right. My 150 gr psp hit him and he ran 40 yards. Later I discovered it was a heart shot and was amazed he ran that far. The antlers did not have great mass and they were kind of spindly and one beam went up and around and the other went up and waaay out looking quite lopsided. Great healthy body though. This property has been forested each of the last four years with pines and hardwoods clear-cut with no food plots planted by the landowner. So hunting has been a challenge as everything I have developed has changed with much less hunt able habitat. The next few days I saw plenty of deer and even two nice buck that either winded me or spooked sneaking up on me. On Friday Nov 18 I was sitting in the same stand in the slough having hunted it once since the Sunday buck.., At 8:30 I saw a single big bodied deer sneaking into the slough from a tall grass area between two sloughs. He was at my extreme right and walked up the four foot bank out of the slough into a thin gum tree wooded strip. I had my new mountain rifle up and looking over the scope mouth grunted. He turned his head to look in my direction and again the 130 gr psp hit him in the shoulder. I recovered him 20 feet from where the 8 point laid earlier in the week. This buck had nice mass and beautiful brown stain color and was a 16 inch 9 point with 4 inch brows and 7 inch g-2's. Both deer had blackened hocks, the 8 seemed as though he was "seeking" but the 9 was just slow walking and I think I saw him two mornings earlier.

Good Luck to everyone on the rest of the season.

Whitetailer...

spearjunky

Had bucks chasing all around me this morning only had shots at the smaller bucks seen the big deer only once as the little buck kept him moving in the thick funny thing is as me and my daughter were in the stand 100 yds from my camper my wife seen a shooter go figure

sghoghunter

Spearjunky what area of berrien do you hunt in? I'm about 4 miles NE of Nashville and I haven't even seen a deer the past 6 times in the stand

sghoghunter

Got ya. I think I talked to you one time last year about where you were. If you where I'm thinking the guys that's got the land across the river has been shooting a few decent bucks this yr

spearjunky

If you have any pics I would love to see if I had them on camera the people across the river from me has been shooting like crazy

sghoghunter

If you have any pics I would love to see if I had them on camera the people across the river from me has been shooting like crazy
I don't have any. They are some folks that my buddy knows. The pics I saw were all ear wide maybe with fair mass and 6 to 8 inch tines. There was one that looked about ear wide with real good mass.

Swamp787

Private land

Wanted: couple of buddies and I are looking for private land to deer hunt on for a weekend. We'd be willing to pay. Price negotiable. Honest and Christian guys.

Whitetailer

Heading up to camp for a long weekend with my son and one of his friends. I just need to bring in some stands that are in the clear-cut's and bring home my ATV. Not going to carry a rifle as I have my two buck and I do not need a Doe. I am even afraid to go sit on stand as I'll probably see a booner.....:smash:

Whitetailer.......