Best 6.5 Creedmoor ammo for deer

Easygo

I am probably going to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor soon. I will test different ammo for accuracy but I would like to get some opinions on bullet performance. What style of bullet is best suited for this caliber? What would you feel most confident with if you had to shoot a 200+ lbs Buck quartering to you?

Glynr

Creedmoor

Expansion was not good at all. Don't get me wrong I love the gun it is awesome. Sweet shooting and very accurate. I am thinking of going to the 140 grain.

Easygo

Do you think the interlock bullet(American whitetail) would do better? Or the deer season xp with the oversized tip?

Tio Hey Seuss

I shoot a 6.5 x 55 which performs very similar to the 6.5 creedmoor. I've used good ole remington corelock and the federal fusion without issues. Used it for bear, pigs and deer from 10 yards out to 100 and haven't had to track a thing. If I have one complaint it is that I feel like I end up with more blood shot meat with the faster bullet than I do shooting a larger slower bullet.

Buckstop

I’d try to find ammo with the hornady 143 eldx. Haven’t shot it in the 6.5 cm but hand loaded some for a buddy’s 6.5x284 and they shot very accurate and did a good job on a couple deer last season. Im shooting 140 berger vlds at paper in my 6.5 cm. Not hunted with them but they are accurate too.

XJfire75

Trying out the Federal American whitetail. It’s suppose to be a pretty soft bullet in 129gr.

If those don’t perform well I’ll bump up to something in 140gr.

deast1988

I tried the 129gr SST superformance
The 130gr vld hunting loaded by copper creek
The 140gr Elite hunter Berger loaded by copper creek
I have some one 130gr Federal GoldMatch hybrid Bergers to try.

My gun is a Xbolt western hunter I had chopped threaded and run suppressed. My only experience with deer and the creed is the 140gr Elite Hunter Bergers. It Dropped two instantly with shoulder hits one lung hit went 45yds and left a nice trail the whole way.

Spot on sub moa at 100yds, 8ins low at 300yds, 25ins low at 400yds. That’s the ballistics I’ve seen in my 20in barrel suppressed running the 140gr Bergers. Berger has a few profile VLD type bullets. So I’ll try the Federal 130s in my creed. When I get around to sighting in my new 6.5-300.

My rig is in my Avatar.

140 gr

I like a bonded bullet. Hornady interlock or Fusion or American whitetail

Not enough difference between a 7mm08 and a 6.5 creed to mark down on paper. Except one is full of hype.

s&r

Roll Tide

furtaker

I like a bonded bullet. Hornady interlock or Fusion or American whitetail

Not enough difference between a 7mm08 and a 6.5 creed to mark down on paper. Except one is full of hype.

s&r

Roll Tide

The Interlock bullet (which is loaded in the American Whitetail line) is not a bonded bullet. The Fusion is.

deast1988

No much difference but the hype brings more bullet selection with great diversity on prices. The Creed shines on long range stuff. And has a good deal less on the recoil side of things. I view it like the .260 you can ammo for it now for cheaper then some of the old stand by brands. I don’t see it dying out any time soon. Light weight packable rifle loads of bullet options won’t kick you hardly at all and will flatten deer. Lots of aspects I think you can get annoying cheaper in some brands then 7/08.

Easygo

Thanks for the replys. Anybody shot a few deer with the deer season xp?. Even if it’s not the 6.5 cm

grady white

Barnes 127 grain LRX ...a Barnes bullet does what it claims to do in any caliber ...deadly stuff even more so when you hit bone, federal premium 140 grain accubond also a great choice .... accubond is tried and true