Best AR trigger for the money?

sleepr71

Looking to replace the trigger assembly in my AR-15 with a lighter weight,single stage. Probably something around 3-3.5 lbs as I hunt with my AR’s calling Coyotes & such. Any thoughts on best bang for the buck,or brands to AVOID? Prices for a drop in assembly seem to run from less than $100–to $500(or more ?). This is kind of a “budget” AR..so I see no sense in spending over..say $150 or so? I figure tomorrow & Friday some deals may come up,so this would be a good time to do it ?

Buckhead

I have two of the standard Patriot Ordinance drop ins. Both in PSA builds. Great triggers. You can catch them on sale for $125 or so, on sale. Supposedly they are 4.5#, but are more like 4#, per my trigger gauge.

georgiabound

Check out Rise Armament. Primary Arms has several on sale now for @125.00. I watched a review on you tube on drop in triggers and the RA scored higher than Giessele and other high dollar brands. I bought a couple for builds and so far I have no complaints. They were rated at 3.5 lb pull.

tr21

I've got 2 of the rise armament RA-140 SST's and love them. I broke one trying to install it. called them and told them it was 100% my fault and asked them if I could get them to fix it at my expense because it was my fault and not a faulty product. they told me send it to them. a few days later a brand new one shows up at the house, no charge, no that's good customer service. I think I paid 125 ea. and they are 3.5 lb pull and smooth

sleepr71

Well.. Optics Planet has the Rise Armament RA-140 on sale for $89.99 tonight? I needed a few other things from O.P...and had some credit stored up...so I’ll be into that trigger for about $75 all said & done. I’ll report back once I get it & install it. BTW..that Larue S.S. Gets good reviews also ?

Baroque Brass

I put a Velocity trigger in my AR. Huge improvement over factory and about 15 minutes to swap it out.

georgiabound

Well.. Optics Planet has the Rise Armament RA-140 on sale for $89.99 tonight? I needed a few other things from O.P...and had some credit stored up...so I’ll be into that trigger for about $75 all said & done. I’ll report back once I get it & install it. BTW..that Larue S.S. Gets good reviews also ?

Did you get the anti-walk pins with it?

wareagle700

The LaRue MBT is one of the best out there, regardless of price. The fact that you can get one for under $100 makes it a no brainer.