Best Conceal Carry Pistol

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The one that is my favorite is the S&W M&P .380 Bodyguard. Something I can throw in the top of my boot, inside belt clip, side pocket of shorts, etc. that has a safety. Reasonably priced.

FloridaLife

In a mid-size pistol it would be hard to beat a Glock 19. Rides well on a belt. If you were looking for pocket carry instead, a G42 or G43 would work well but I would consider those to be sub-compact.

Long Cut

Glock 19, 34 and a 43 in the works.

From EDC to truck guns to woods/OC guns I opted for the 9mm platform with nearly universal compatible mags. Hidden mags stashed throughout the house and truck. Plug n play should I ever need them.

Haven’t tried 17/34 mags in a 43.. YET but they ride well in my 19 so I’m happy

Stay frosty gentlemen

Dub

Glock 19, 34 and a 43 in the works.

From EDC to truck guns to woods/OC guns I opted for the 9mm platform with nearly universal compatible mags. Hidden mags stashed throughout the house and truck. Plug n play should I ever need them.

Haven’t tried 17/34 mags in a 43.. YET but they ride well in my 19 so I’m happy

Stay frosty gentlemen

17/34 mags aren't compatible with G43. This will become evident the moment you actually handle a G43.

Maybe you were thinking of a G26....which can accept the 17/34 magazines.

I never thought I'd be saying this.....but my G19 has become one of my favorite guns to carry, shoot and use for ccw. It's a very effective weapon in many folks's hands....especially with the Gen4 grip options.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I never thought I'd be saying this.....but my G19 has become one of my favorite guns to carry, shoot and use for ccw. It's a very effective weapon in many folks's hands....especially with the Gen4 grip options.

I am liking the one I made...may start swapping it out with the 43 some.

Reactions: Dub

Long Cut

17/34 mags aren't compatible with G43. This will become evident the moment you actually handle a G43.

Maybe you were thinking of a G26....which can accept the 17/34 magazines.

Guessing you missed the “haven’t tried the 34 mags in a 43” comment.

I’ve got the 19 and 34 and enjoy them both. Probably won’t buy a 43 now

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Guessing you missed the “haven’t tried the 34 mags in a 43” comment.

I’ve got the 19 and 34 and enjoy them both. Probably won’t buy a 43 now

Nope. Didn’t miss the comment.....just figured you weren’t yet familiar with the G43 or had perhaps mistaken it with the G26.

I found the G43 to be a neat little pistol in its own right. Comparing it to the S&W Airweights that got all my pocket carry use is interesting. The sights worked better for me. Trigger worked better for me. Reloading is faster for me.

As much as I liked my G43.....my wife seemed to like it even better. She won’t give it back. :)

I had do either get another or go with some different model altogether. That’s when I began looking at the little Sig pseudo 1911-ish guns.

They pocket carry just as easy and accurate beyond my expectations.

Long Cut

Nope. Didn’t miss the comment.....just figured you weren’t yet familiar with the G43 or had perhaps mistaken it with the G26.

I found the G43 to be a neat little pistol in its own right. Comparing it to the S&W Airweights that got all my pocket carry use is interesting. The sights worked better for me. Trigger worked better for me. Reloading is faster for me.

As much as I liked my G43.....my wife seemed to like it even better. She won’t give it back. :)

I had do either get another or go with some different model altogether. That’s when I began looking at the little Sig pseudo 1911-ish guns.

They pocket carry just as easy and accurate beyond my expectations.

I’ve never been a fan of the “pocket” carry guns. Their recoil, restricted mag capacity and shorter barrel & sight radius has always been tough for me to manage, accurately. I think the 19 is the perfect happy medium, for me at least.

Sounds like you need to buy another G43!

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a NIB Honor Defense Honor Guard...pretty sharp looking little pistol...might be just a tad bigger than the 43. I think it is closer to an XDs. I think they are made in Gainesville, GA. Might be worth a look.