Best deal on a new tractor?

Thread starter #1

Burton

I'm halfway considering buying a new tractor.
If I'm looking for something around 30-34 hp with loader, which is best?

Kioti
New Holland
LS
John Deere
Kubota
Massey
Other?

I am located within 5 miles of 3 dealers (JD, New Holland, and LS). How do y'all feel about hydro-static tractors?

I currently have a Kubota L3100, but it has a lot of hours and not currently running (I think from a loose wire that I can't find). Anyway, appreciate any input.

Lilly001

Kubota is a solid machine that works well. I have a 32 hp and my buddy has a 70 hp I use often.
JD is a strong running machine, I have a 65 hp, but it could be better designed.
In your range I would look at Kubota.
Also I have herd good stuff about Minhandra.

ucfireman

More for your money with the Korean tractors. Nothing wrong with them and they are heavier.
I looked at all of them before I bought a used Branson 4720. Gear.
Wish I had bought HST, its the way to go, Tried and tested no problems.

I heard today that the McCormick dealer in Anderson SC was overrun with tractors they moved from the low country before the hurricane. Guy told me he bought a gear drive 40hp tractor, without a loader, for 11k... listed at 28k

Triple C

Love the M series Kubota. Own a 2007 M4800 and it's one heck of a tractor. Also have a 2005 Branson 4720 that's performed flawlessly since I bought it in 2011. Not sure you can buy a bad tractor these days. Only advice I can offer is to buy as much HP as you possibly can. My next tractor (if that ever happens) will be a cab tractor. Mowing in August is brutal during mid day. Not to mention the occasional yellow jacket nest encounter.

Thread starter #13

Burton

I heard today that the McCormick dealer in Anderson SC was overrun with tractors they moved from the low country before the hurricane. Guy told me he bought a gear drive 40hp tractor, without a loader, for 11k... listed at 28k
That sounds interesting since I'm in Anderson, SC. I will look into it. Thanks.

Thread starter #14

Burton

A lot of likes on the Kubota. I'm going to see if I can find some pricing on the 32hp range and compare it to the deere down the road as well. There is a 2017 3032 Deere listed at 18K.

Thank you.

My preference would be Deere or Kubota, I would have trouble paying for a massey thats chinese, Case/New Holland is a hot mess on their bigger tractors and I wouldn't take the risk on the smaller ones, mccormick used to be a case but its now ARGO but they should be Italian made. I would pass on the Korean models unless you don't plan on keeping it long. Yanmar would be a solid choice as well. I wouldn't worry about having a hydrostat, this does way more work than a food plot tractor does and its a hydrostatic drive

I have been looking for the same thing. Kubota L3301 and L3901 only about 70 pounds difference. I found the best price from Mason tractor in North Ga.

Flash

Carnesville GA Kubota beat the other bota dealers that I contacted,

I bought a new LS 3032 last year and it has been great so far. I have put 60 hours on it and have had zero issues.