Best deal on a new tractor?

stringmusic

Take a look at the mahindra 1538, compare it to all the other models (weight, lifting capacity, price etc) and you’ll quickly see that the 1538 is at the top in just about every aspect, without the DPF junk that ALL the other tractors in that HP range have.

Also look at ordering one out of state, I ordered mine from fredricks outdoors in Alabama, paid $26,600 for 4x4 1538 with FEL, 6ft mower, 6ft box blade, disk harrow and 18ft tandem axle trailer with brakes and it all got delivered to my front door. Free shipping and no sales tax.335770C9-1607-484C-898D-F477AAFD4147.jpeg

doomtrpr_z71

Take a look at the mahindra 1538, compare it to all the other models (weight, lifting capacity, price etc) and you’ll quickly see that the 1538 is at the top in just about every aspect, without the DPF junk that ALL the other tractors in that HP range have.

The mahindra is a tier iv engine, it still has a doc filter and egr, it just doesn't have def.

stringmusic

The mahindra is a tier iv engine, it still has a doc filter and egr, it just doesn't have def.
I understand, I still don’t have to stop while I’m trying to plow a food plot and burn off my DPF.

stringmusic

You couldn’t give me a JD in the 30-40 hp range, they are cheap junk imo. Plastic fenders and floorboards, hood, etc, no quick attach front bucket, no quick attach fel. Smaller tires front and back, the least weight and lifting capacity of almost all other brands in that HP range.

I would look at, in order
1 mahindra
2 Branson
3 massey ferguson
4 kubota

From what I understand, there ain’t a tractor under 40 HP made in America, it might say “assembled in America” but it ain’t made here, and you get more for your money by not buying a well known “name brand” tractor especially one that’s painted green.

doomtrpr_z71

I understand, I still don’t have to stop while I’m trying to plow a food plot and burn off my DPF.
That's not how that works, a Deere or similar does that passively if it's being used instead of idled. Egr is nearly as bad, there's a reason bluetec engines went away and went to dpf systems.

stringmusic

That's not how that works, a Deere or similar does that passively if it's being used instead of idled. Egr is nearly as bad, there's a reason bluetec engines went away and went to dpf systems.
That’s not how I’ve seen it explained or what was told to me by multiple dealers.

doomtrpr_z71

Because it has a doc system and egr, all of the new tractors are tier iv emissions now, just because you dont have a def system doesn't mean it doesn't have the emissions junk. Mahindra has to run hotter constantly to make up for the lack of a dpf. The bluetecs went away because the def/dpf system was more reliable, the bluetec Cummins we had plenty of issues. A parked regen would be caused by a bunch of idling, if you have been actually using it to do work it would be passive.

AugustaDawg

You'll have to make that call on your own, it's your money. I will say that I've never heard a complaint from JD, Mahindra, Kiota, Kubota, or Massey owners. Everyone seems to be happy with whatever they bought.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
You'll have to make that call on your own, it's your money. I will say that I've never heard a complaint from JD, Mahindra, Kiota, Kubota, or Massey owners. Everyone seems to be happy with whatever they bought.

might want to look at this video.....

<iframe width="640" height="440" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Burton

Almost ready to sell my 2004 Kubota L3130D with just a few hours on it (5,070). What do y'all think it's worth? Everything mechanical works and it starts right up...except for now... I have a wire loose somewhere and getting it worked on tomorrow.

Kubota 005.jpgKubota 003.jpgKubota 006.jpg

The seat was on backwards, but I have since turned it around :)

As soon as it is sold I'm probably stopping by JD. My local Kubota dealer just sold out.

Thanks for all of your input.

Last edited:

doomtrpr_z71

I test drove the 3025e today at the expo and frankly if you are looking for a tractor with hst and pedals there's no comparison with that series if you are tall, the pedals are just laid out much better, even the yanmar was harder to work. But the 50hp range clear winner was the yanmar, if you ever drive a tractor with a left hand reverser you'll never go back. The 59 yanmar was a pleasure to work with.

Last edited:

Burton

Tractor Purchased. For me, I felt like the John Deere 3025E with loader was the best deal. They had $1,500 off a new 2017 model. They had 0 down and 0% for 60 months + $400 off asking. I did have to pay $300 insurance which they include in the monthly rate since I chose to finance....this is effectively equal to 0.25% interest over 60 months.

From the quotes I received the Kubota and Kioti were higher priced and LS was cheapest.

doomtrpr_z71

Its hard beat deere since they have their own financing, my local finance manager for Deere left the bank and went to work for Deere because they always beat their rates.

Burton

I started out looking at 30-34 hp, but really I just needed it to turn a 5 ft bush hog. So in the end, I went with this 25. It sure is pretty compared to the Kubota.

image000000.jpg

If you're looking for a used Kubota without a loader, I've got one for sale. I've got it running again and did some cutting with it last week.