Best GA FFL dealer transfer fee?

rjcruiser

Local Pawn shop in my neck of the woods does it for $20.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Good news. I was on Gun Broker and I checked their FFL list and I saw a buddy's name on there.
I talked to him today and he is going to handle my transfers for no charge.

I never knew he was an FFL.

Best part is he has a FA that I'm going to meet up with him to shoot. :shoot:

T-N-T

Mine does it free. But I do business there.
I think the going rate is $20 around here though.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Still free at Cherokee Gun in Canton.

This last I heard, but there is one guy up there that is a jerk so they'll have to have a great deal for me to go there again........Unfortunately, they have about the BEST DEALS around, so I keep going back:banginghe

USA Gun and pawn on 92 across from the Quiktrip in Woodstock charged me $10 when I got my lower.........They have LOTS of AMMO TOO!:cheers:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Good news. I was on Gun Broker and I checked their FFL list and I saw a buddy's name on there.
I talked to him today and he is going to handle my transfers for no charge.

I never knew he was an FFL.

Best part is he has a FA that I'm going to meet up with him to shoot. :shoot:

Bad news. My buddy dropped his FFL. :banginghe

beginnersluck

Thanks guys; I'll call off this deal.

I had no idea that this was something so complicated. I've had a GA license for 30 years (now known as a GWCL). I am federally licensed (C&R).

It does upset me somewhat that a guy that has taken his money for 30 years for purchases; now needs $50 to get them to send a fax. :confused:

I've been a local gun shop supporter for many years. I could have bought it cheaper on the internet. Due to sales taxes (6%), I could have gotten it cheaper on the internet.

Sorry about the rant but when did past customer service mean nothing? I could have bought these on the internet for less, but no, I supported the local dealer.
100Years1.jpg

I guess it's different now than before. I need to join the internet generation.

Forget all the talk about FFL fees...I fell in love with this picture...man those are purty pistols!!

greg_n_clayton

I don't think a few of my buddies would appreciate me posting their names, but if you know "somebody" and trade and buy their others wares, there is those out there will accept them for....not for nothing...next to it !!

SkintRider

Joseph Ellis
Silver Dollar, Inc.
Phone: 678-264-8899
Click here to visit us on the web.

Long Gun Fee: $15.00
Hand Gun Fee: $15.00

normaldave

GON Weatherman
NW Georgia, Rome Gun and Pawn is $ 5.00, and they'll waive that if you buy ~ $10.00 of merchandise from them.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
those dealers aren't making any money at 10 to 25 bucks a transfer. They are more or less doing it as a favor to the customer, hoping that you will buy something else while you are there.

Remember, those big box stores aren't going to do the transfers unless the LGS is there to put pressure on the big box profit.

Support your LGS all you can. You will never realize how much they do to help us until they are gone.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
those dealers aren't making any money at 10 to 25 bucks a transfer. They are more or less doing it as a favor to the customer, hoping that you will buy something else while you are there.

Remember, those big box stores aren't going to do the transfers unless the LGS is there to put pressure on the big box profit.

Support your LGS all you can. You will never realize how much they do to help us until they are gone.

BeerThirty

There is a guy here locally in Peachtree City who doesn't charge a fee at all. He's an avid firearms collector and simply asks that you leave a donation for the Wounded Warrior Project.

champ

Offensive Weapons Limited O.W.L. in Cleveland, Ga will process them for free. Incoming & private party transfer.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Picked up my 17 WSM Bmag yesterday. Good people over at Sporting Arms.

B. White

I've worked in places years ago where margins were low on firearms and bows. We made our living on accessories that went with what we sold. I've tried to buy locally over the past few years, but i can find what I want way under their quote on a regular basis. Makes it worth the 35.00 transfer fee for the one nearest me. The big box stores were 33% higher than I paid for my last new pistol purchase. I see folks trying to sell used for less than I pay new. If they LGS watched for the same deals I do and put a little capital into it, they could regularly beat the big box stores, make a nice profit, and get my business. I drove to a bunch of places from ATL to Macon a couple of weeks ago looking for something specific. There inventory was pitiful at all, but they would be happy to order for the 33% markup.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I've worked in places years ago where margins were low on firearms and bows. We made our living on accessories that went with what we sold. I've tried to buy locally over the past few years, but i can find what I want way under their quote on a regular basis. Makes it worth the 35.00 transfer fee for the one nearest me. The big box stores were 33% higher than I paid for my last new pistol purchase. I see folks trying to sell used for less than I pay new. If they LGS watched for the same deals I do and put a little capital into it, they could regularly beat the big box stores, make a nice profit, and get my business. I drove to a bunch of places from ATL to Macon a couple of weeks ago looking for something specific. There inventory was pitiful at all, but they would be happy to order for the 33% markup.

Agreed. Not to mention you save the 7% sales tax. I hate paying taxes.

I blows my mind when I look at the classifieds here and folks are asking more for used guns than you can get a brand new in the box gun.

JackSprat

Agreed. Not to mention you save the 7% sales tax. I hate paying taxes.

I blows my mind when I look at the classifieds here and folks are asking more for used guns than you can get a brand new in the box gun.

In Clarke County, we get to save 8% now.

I feel bad for small businesses like Sporting Arms that have to give up nearly 10% from the get go, especially for a crowd that will drive 100 miles to save a dime on a box of ammo.