Best Hog Hunter in the Ga,Fl,Al area

hoghunter74

The best hog hunter can only be based on what the sport is all about and where it needs to go. The best hog hunter wouldn't have to raise all his dogs, but give em every opportunity he has to make a better pack. He wouldn't have a big entourage or following just some good friends or young hunters he is wanting to pass on his knowledge to. He would respect the the hog, not slaughtering all he comes upon, but preserving the herd trying to make it better for all. He wouldn't be invited to go hunting somewhere and try and take that hunting spot from that person. We have all been with people like that. I came from a family of bird dog and rabbit dog hunters and learned to hunt hogs from the best hog hunter I know. After 17 years of hunting with this man I only gain more knowledge and respect after every hunt. I have even been taken my 6 year old son with me every weekend since he was 5 getting him started on the hog hunting plan. The best hog hunter I know is Rocky Tanner.

wildhogs2000

LOL! I heard that We never brag on our dogs.:D They will make you tell a lie :bounce: I will be looking for you there. It would be cool to get all the woody doggers together at the challenge. To meet, talk and shoot the Bull.

LOL, It would be good to meet new hog hunters and listen to their stories. I love a good hog hunting story even if it has been told 100 times. We'll see how these Alabama boys can hang with the GA Boys, man I got goose bumps on my arms just thinking about it.:fine::pop:

ThunderRoad

Banned
Ole Jim is a heck of a man. Here is a direct quote from him sittin in the driveway with a cheap cigar in one hand and a 40 oz.'er in the other, " Son, I have killed dang near every animal with 4 legs or wings in the south...in dang near every way possible, legal and illegal". Direct quote.
Funniest part was he used to be a park ranger in Arkansas or somethin.

He is like Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino. And I dont know if he is a PBR drinker or not...but since we have already derailed this here thread...This is too funny, and I know you fellow rednecks will enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGSN7JVg1yQ

chris1990

I havent had a chance to hunt with many other people,(Im always game to go though if anyone wants to get together)so I cant really tell you who the best is but imo it comes down to the dogs.There the ones that are doing all the work.

chris1990

LOL, It would be good to meet new hog hunters and listen to their stories. I love a good hog hunting story even if it has been told 100 times. We'll see how these Alabama boys can hang with the GA Boys, man I got goose bumps on my arms just thinking about it.:fine::pop:

I agree a good hog hunting story is good no matter how many times you hear it.

hawg dawg

I agree a good hog hunting story is good no matter how many times you hear it.

Sure is. Did ya'll check out all of the doggers on the other post. I had no idea we had so many. We got to get everybody together at the hog hunt to tell some lies. :bounce:

hoghunter102

FINE....I nominate Sean Kelly!:D

Heck i'll nominate this boxer man. You know there the best thing out there yall. Heck he need's to bring that pup it might be only 7 monthes old but it's a beast and dont even need trained. We better watch out. He'll come in and win every thing with his bocats hands down.

WolfPack

Banned
You'd know it grasshopper. :biggrin2:

BTW....Good to see your coming back outta your room to play.

well anybody who is a real hog hunter knows you cant have the best hog hunter cause you have so many people that have great spots and great dogs so you cant compare one person to another and there is way to many old timers that have been doin this for 30 to forty years and did it the hard way before all these garmins and all that come out..so i would say the best one is the one with the best dogs.

SOS KEN

If you bring in a 30 pounder to the Challenge and somebody laughs they loose 1/2" on their cutter score. :hammers: If you bring in a 30 pounder just tell everybody about the one that got away and enjoy the festivities.:banana: