Best mouse killer?

crackerdave

Besides shooting them with a pellet gun loaded with seeds or a cat,how do you get rid of mice?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My pet timber rattlers eat several at the time. Supple and demand.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’ve posted this before, but it is effective.

Attachments

• 537DFF55-B78E-4C5E-B8AF-43BACF409BF5.jpg
    537DFF55-B78E-4C5E-B8AF-43BACF409BF5.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 705

bucktail

How about adding how to get rid of those big barn rats without poison cause chickens are around?

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
how do you load a pellet gun with a cat :huh:

3ringer

Fresh Cab is a great preventative . Nice do not like the smell. Farmers use it . It can be purchased at Tractor Supply.

Artfuldodger

My Dad would get toady frogs from all his friends and turn them loose around his workshop to eat bugs. It worked but soon the snakes showed up to eat the toads.

The bait in the little boxes works pretty good but it would have to be kept dry. The thing about stuff like this is, will pets or chickens eat it it as well.

We have a cat that brings us a dead mouse or vole pretty regular. Sometime half a baby rabbit or squirrel as well. Occasionally a mole. I wish she was better at moles though. In her defense, they are underground.
I know you said "other than a cat" but they do a pretty good job.
Some farmers don't feed their barn kitty much food to keep them hungry.

Artfuldodger

Fresh Cab is a great preventative . Nice do not like the smell. Farmers use it . It can be purchased at Tractor Supply.

That looks interesting. They say it smells like Christmas trees. It might be a safer alternative if one has pets or chickens.

BDD

I had fun trapping them, it got to be where I was excited to “check the traps”
Got a double once, (2 in one trap). Darn shame I over trapped.. got to learn to manage the herd.
The black plastic traps that you just squeeze to set, with peanut butter of course.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Catch an oak snake (gray rat snake) and turn it loose in the barn.

Greene728

Catch an oak snake (gray rat snake) and turn it loose in the barn.

This is exactly what my dad did for years. Any time he came across a gray rat snake in the road or anywhere else for that matter, it always got a ride home. My mom hated it, but she hated mice worse. We lived very rural and the mice were plentiful around the shop and barn. It works!

Hillbilly stalker

5 gallon bucket half full of water with a teeter totter in the middle. Works 24/7, 365 days a year. Pet safe, scoop out the catch next morning. Never fails

j_seph

I had fun trapping them, it got to be where I was excited to “check the traps”
Got a double once, (2 in one trap). Darn shame I over trapped.. got to learn to manage the herd.
The black plastic traps that you just squeeze to set, with peanut butter of course.
Wonder if they make a leg hold trap that small:flag:

j_seph

hqdefault.jpg