Best option for bank fishing this evening- Bear Creek -or what might be worth while around Athens/Watkins/Madison ?? Sure appreciate help!!!

What’s a good option for bank fishing this evening In the Athens/ Madison/ Oconee area.. ?? Bear Creak or another place, like Sandy ?? Just trying to get out and have been out of touch for too long. Thank you!!!

Big7

The Oracle
What’s a good option for bank fishing this evening In the Athens/ Madison/ Oconee area.. ?? Bear Creak or another place, like Sandy ?? Just trying to get out and have been out of touch for too long. Thank you!!!
There are 3 parks that I know of on the Oconee River on the east end of downtown Athens.

I drove by all three Friday and saw 1 jogger and 1 other girl picking wildflowers. No other people. The river was full and pretty clear. Plenty of fish in that calm, deep stretch of water. Haven't been since last year.

Might go Sunday after church myself.

There are 3 parks that I know of on the Oconee River on the east end of downtown Athens.

I drove by all three Friday and saw 1 jogger and 1 other girl picking wildflowers. No other people. The river was full and pretty clear. Plenty of fish in that calm, deep stretch of water. Haven't been since last year.

Might go Sunday after church myself.
Thank you, great to know !!

Redbeardless

Old Salem park on Lake Oconee is on a peninsula that has a number of good fishing spots. Catfish and crappie should be well within your casting distance. Great access and a good secure area.