Best place to buy seed??

I am new to food plots, but plan to try a couple small plots between the Pine Rows this Fall. Based on all I have read from you guys, it looks like Durana is the easiest "start-up" to roll with....maybe add in some Iron Clay peas or Soybeans....

My question for all is, where is best place to buy Durana or similar? Online at Hancock? Some place local? My hunt camp is on the NE side of Macon, so anywhere in Macon, and/or along 75 from the Florida line is doable for a Brick & Mortar for me...

Much thanks....

Possum

Banned
I’ve bought before from Hancock Seed online. Their prices are good on clover if you just need 10 or 25 lbs. All the local places around me will only sell in 50lb bags so if I was wanting to mix a few different clover varieties like red, white, etc. I’d end up with way more than I need.
But Hancock’s prices for larger quantities are too high. So seeds like wheat, rye oats would be better to buy 50 lb bags from a local source.
You’ll want to plant clover with some cereal grains in the fall and beans or peas in the summer. Not sure if you’ll have much luck with the summer crops in the pine rows though.

Their prices are good on clover if you just need 10 or 25 lbs. All the local places around me will only sell in 50lb bags so if I was wanting to mix a few different clover varieties like red, white, etc. I’d end up with way more than I need.

Got it...that's what it seemed I found as well, was a demand to buy quantities too large beyond what I need.

shdw633

You need to check those PH levels in those pine rows before you go spending the kind of money it takes for Durana. You will most likely have to put a bunch of lime on them before they will be up enough to grow Durana and then keep liming it to keep the PH up, if you're looking to keep it reseeding every year. Look up Pennington seed on the internet and find the local dealer around you. They sell Durana in smaller sizes that are good for small foodplots, same with some Tractor Supplies.

Ihunt

Mintons in Macon has smalller bags of Duranna.

The lime advice is spot on.