Best Service/Repair Manual for 1994 Toyota 4x4 truck

zaraspook04

I bought a 1994 Toyota 4x4 truck a few months ago. It is going to be a project truck for my two youngest boys and I. I would like to get the best repair manual for us to use.

The body is in amazing shape, and the truck runs...4x4 works as well as AC/heat. However, the timing components need to be replaced, needs a rear main seal and a pinion seal, and I am going to replace the pressure plate, cultch, and release bearing. I am going to pull the motor to give it a good cleaning and replace any other gaskets/seals that need attention.

What is/are the best service/repair manuals? Chilton, Haynes, or both...Or, is there others that are better?

Thanks for the advice/opinions. I may make a beginning to end thread of the project.

ribber

Not the Hayes at AutoZone, it's not detailed enough. I had that exact truck years ago and bought one of those manuals. It was decent for basic stuff but not for main seals. That was years ago so it may have improved.

Hillbilly stalker

If your pulling the motor……best put a timing chain on it while it’s out and easy to work on.

transfixer

I bought a 1994 Toyota 4x4 truck a few months ago. It is going to be a project truck for my two youngest boys and I. I would like to get the best repair manual for us to use.

The body is in amazing shape, and the truck runs...4x4 works as well as AC/heat. However, the timing components need to be replaced, needs a rear main seal and a pinion seal, and I am going to replace the pressure plate, cultch, and release bearing. I am going to pull the motor to give it a good cleaning and replace any other gaskets/seals that need attention.

What is/are the best service/repair manuals? Chilton, Haynes, or both...Or, is there others that are better?

Thanks for the advice/opinions. I may make a beginning to end thread of the project.

Check into Alldata online, they have a DIY option, most professional shops use Alldata, I have used it and like it, current shop I'm at doesn't have it , has Mitchell instead

Alldata should have all the specs and drawings you need, you should be able to print off things as you need them, a year subscript is about $60 I believe, and 3yr is something like $130

transfixer

Before you tear everything down drive it and listen for bearing noise in 1st and 2nd, should get quiet in 4th, the input bearing usually starts making noise on those around 200k, easier to do it while you have it out for clutch

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
An old toyota forum is likely to have all the specs and pdf files needed to do anything you want to do to the truck also. When I rebuild my 88 a few years ago parts geek was a good place to go for components.

benellisbe

yotatech.com definitely has the Toyota Factory Service Manual available for download. I can't link it due to some of the comments.