Best treatment for yellow jacket stings?

BowanaLee

I always holler and rub mine. It always quits eventually.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Another vote for tobacco.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Make a paste with salt and a little water and rub it in and around the sting. The salt neutralizes the toxin. Great for chiggers, tics and mosquitos too.

PS: After rubbing it in do not scratch for ten minutes and it won't itch any more.

Last edited:

weagle

There's a poison called Onslaught that you can use as a bait and kill any nearby nests. I had them so bad around my cabin you almost couldn't skin a deer, They would cover it up in minutes after they caught wind of the blood. You can mix a little onslaught with meat (follow directions) and they will take it back to the nest and kill the whole bunch. You use meat instead of sugar so they honey bees don't get in it. Worked like a charm last year. I didn't have single yellow jacket around my skinning pole.

I'm allergic to Yellow Jackets so the best way for me to treat a sting is to not get stung in the first place.

The best product I ever used for bee stings is "Sting-Kill" swabs. They contain Benzocaine USP 20%. I get immediate sting relief and hardly any swelling if applied quickly after sting. They are available on Amazon.

ryanh487

My momma always put baking soda and water paste on mine. It did something or another. I've avoided them for a couple decades now (knock on wood).

There's also always benadryl. stings don't hurt when your unconscious.

nmurph

A quart of gasoline down the hole.

Any tobacco product seems to help the sting pain.

I'l take a YJ bite over a Bald-faced hornet sting any time. They feel like you've been hit by a stick. The last time I got stung was 4 tears ago while mowing shooting lanes. I still have a hard spot on the inside of my thigh where one of them got me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A quart of gasoline down the hole.

Any tobacco product seems to help the sting pain.

I'l take a YJ bite over a Bald-faced hornet sting any time. They feel like you've been hit by a stick. The last time I got stung was 4 tears ago while mowing shooting lanes. I still have a hard spot on the inside of my thigh where one of them got me.
And those big yellow giant European hornets are ten times worse than a bald-faced. I call them flying copperheads. I have a scar on my arm from where one got me when I was a teenager, and it set up necrosis and killed the tissue around the sting.

Anvil Head

Meat tenderizer works very well as mentioned by Tideup above. Keep bottle of both it and benedryl in both vehicles and gear bag.
Got bears to take care of the nests.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
There's a poison called Onslaught that you can use as a bait and kill any nearby nests.
Where did you buy Onslaught?

bowhunterdavid

My granny would put dixie dew on us when we were kids i dont think they make it any more. I just suffer through it now, nothing seems to work for me.