Big Bend rental

Baroque Brass

I was planning a trip to the Cedar Key area before the hurricane wiped it out. I’m still looking for something about halfway between Tallahassee and Sarasota, preferably a small two bedroom cottage with a kitchen. Wanting to get some good seafood while there so a few good restaurants would be a plus. On the coast but away from the tourist areas.

Thanks guys.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Bayport is an off the beaten path kinda spot. Surely there's airbnb's for accommodations.

Big7

The Oracle
Indian Rocks and Madira Beach are mostly locals but close enough to drive to the "action" and the popular beaches if you want to do some sight seeing.

Plenty of good restaurants all up and down that part of the coast to Sarasota.

Bradenton is just south of the Skyway and it's generally dead as a door nail. The whole place folds up at 9pm and it's a ghost town.

They made the old Skyway into the 2 longest fishing piers in the world. Several miles total linear to fish. You can go to one side and not get a bite, then go to the other side and can't keep a hook in the water. Very diverse ecosystem. Plenty of fish.

jNick

We stay at the Fenmore inn at CK pretty often. Have a vacation coming up. We checked with them last week and they said come on. Much of the island is open and they’re trying to get completely open asap. I would call your CK connection and check.

Baroque Brass

Crystal River looks pretty good. I’m not looking for beach necessarily, but near water for scenery would be good. Just looking for a weekend getaway to meet up with a long time friend that I haven’t seen in a few years. We just need a comfortable place with some good restaurants nearby.

Gator89

Crystal River looks pretty good. I’m not looking for beach necessarily, but near water for scenery would be good. Just looking for a weekend getaway to meet up with a long time friend that I haven’t seen in a few years. We just need a comfortable place with some good restaurants nearby.

Crystal River has all of that.

Dan's Clam Stand has top shelf fried shrimp.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Crystal River has all of that.

Dan's Clam Stand has top shelf fried shrimp.
Peck's in Ozello is a good place too.
Although I heard from Citrus Co. Deputies that Idalia storm surge was up to the roof. Doubt they'll be open for a while.

Baroque Brass

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. I’m not familiar with the area but I think it’ll be a nice place to visit.

MudDucker

Staff member
That has to be rough when your livelihood is swept away.

Yep, best fried mullet place in all of Florida, Spring Creek Restaurant got flooded and ruined by Michael and he folded his tent and quit. The guy that owned wrote the Spring Creek Chronicles.