Big Buck & Coyote Eating Peacefully Together???

BornToHuntAndFish

We don't see similar things very often like what's in this trail cam photo.

Details & pic from:

http://www.american-hunter.com/2008/08/06/who-da-thunk-it-coyote-and-buck

Who da’ thunk it - Coyote and Buck!
Posted on August 6th, 2008 by Dan Jackson

I would never have thought this was possible…. I don’t think this is a work of photoshop - but I sure don’t know how you explain these picts??

Attachments

• coyote-buck1.JPG
    coyote-buck1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 777
  • coyote-buck2.JPG
    coyote-buck2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 773
Have seen coyotes and deer in the same field together...deer pawing for grasses and the coyote hunting mice. The deer know when they are safe but they are more wary when the coyotes are around.

Allen Waters

i think the coyote has respect for the big boy. and big boy knows the whooping he could put on the yote if needed:bounce:

01Foreman400

Staff member
Awesome

Maybe that is why we aren't seeing many deer. They are hangging out with the yotes. I don't see many yotes either. :bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

That buck could STOMP and GORE more than one or two cyotes, and they both know it.:bounce:

i think the coyote has respect for the big boy. and big boy knows the whooping he could put on the yote if needed:bounce:

Bet ya'll are right in this case, esp. if the yote doesn't have alot of his hunting partners around.

BornToHuntAndFish

Why would a coyote eat corn or whatever is on the ground?

Good question. I bet alot of folks are wondering the same thing, but we all have probably seen it several times in other T/C photos. Nobody knows what mix of food besides corn may be there. He could be pretending to eat waiting for another 5 of the yote's hungry hunting buddies to show up to test & see how much of a challenge those antlers & big buck body size behind hoofs the buck can enforce. Could be alot more reasons folks can come up with.

Trizey

Most likely there are protein pellets on the ground. Yotes love the pellets, like dog food.