Big money Elite shoot on April 19th at Buckeyes...NEW INFO

alligood729

This is the one I spoke about on the tournament schedule thread. April 19th, Elite Archery will be sponsoring the first annual (hopefully) Georgia Dealers 3D classic, at Buckeye's Plantation just outside Social Circle. There will only be 3 classes for this tournament. Mens Open, Mens Hunter, and Womens.
Here are the official rules from the Elite coordinator....
MUST pre-register with the coordinator, via the email or phone # on the bottom of the flyer. Payment can be made the day of the shoot, you do not have to pre-pay. $50 entry fee, with a 75% payback on all 3 classes. Contingency for the top Elite shooter is as stated on the flyer. Contingency money is guaranteed, regardless of # of shooters.
Scoring will be base on ASA rules, 12-10-8-5 or 0. (14's are NOT in play)
All ties for 1-3 place will be settled with a 1 arrow shootoff, closest to center of the 12 ring.

This will be a shotgun start tournament!!!!! Shooting times are 8am, 12 noon, and 3:30pm.
Competitors must be finished shooting before next starting time, any targets not shot will cost you a zero on your score card.
Shooters need to be on their stake 5 mins before shooting time.
Registration will be open to the first 300 shooters.
Each shooter will receive an email with target # and starting time.
Classes....
Open..50 yard max, any setup you choose to shoot, any arrow size, 290fps limit, any release aid.
Hunter..40 yard max, fixed pins, 12" or less front stabilizer, magnification allowed, any arrow size, any release aid, 290 fps limit.
Womens...35 yard max, 280fps limit, any sight, moveable or fixed pins, any arrow or release you choose.

For more info, call Steve at ACE 770-464-3354, or Joe Crosby at 770-331-9466, or email Joe via the email on the flyer.
This shoot is not limited to Elite bow shooters, you may shoot any brand you choose, the contingency money will be paid to the highest scoring shooter in each class, that is shooting an Elite bow.
The 75% payout, based on 100 shooters per class....
1st place $1875
2nd place $1175
3rd place $750

Of course, the 75% payback is guaranteed as well, regardless of # of shooters. So, theoretically, if the winner of the open class was shooting an Elite bow, based on 100 shooters, it would mean a $2875 payout to that shooter!!!

Any questions or for further info, call Steve at the ACE in Social Circle, call or send an email to Joe Crosby, his info is at the bottom of the flyer.

Y'all come on out!!!

OK.....NEED TO CLARIFY SOMETHING, AND THIS COMES STRAIGHT FROM THE SHOOT COORDINATOR. IF YOU HAVE BEEN A REGULAR SHOOTER IN AN UNKNOWN YARDAGE CLASS OF 45 YARDS OR LONGER, YOU CANNOT SIMPLY CHANGE YOUR SETUP AND SHOOT THE SHORTER, 40YD HUNTER CLASS. IF YOU HAVE BEEN A REGULAR SHOOTER IN A KNOWN YARDAGE CLASS, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SHOOT THE HUNTER CLASS. ANY ISSUES OR CONCERNS NEED TO BE ADDRESSED TO THE SHOOT COORDINATOR, NOT ME! LOL ALSO.......ONLY THE WOMENS CLASS HAS THE OPTION ON TYPE OF SIGHT. MENS HUNTER MUST USE A FIXED MULTI PIN SIGHT, NOT A BEHIND THE RISER, SINGLE PIN SLIDER. THE ONLY EXCEPTION, WOULD BE A MULTI PIN SLIDER, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THERE WILL BE NO MOVEMENT OF THE SLIDER WHILE SHOOTING. THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS, THEREFORE THE COORDINATOR HAS MADE THE DECISION. THANKS

Attachments

• ebay 2 097.jpg
    ebay 2 097.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,122
Last edited:

gretchp

going to the morgan co thing then if done in time headed straight over there........

bamaboy

WOOOO to rich for my blood! Yall have fun!!

p&y finally

So is the contingency money guaranteed or is it based on a minimum number of shooters in each class?

alligood729

So is the contingency money guaranteed or is it based on a minimum number of shooters in each class?

As far as I know Chris, it's guaranteed......I asked 2 times. Of course we hope the crowd is a good one. Call the shop and ask again. Couldn't hurt...

SteadyHoyt12's

Official rules

I will post the official rules set by the tournament coordinator later today. For any questions please call Steve or Kenneth at Social Circle Ace at 770-464-3354.