Big NT buck

Thread starter #1

BowanaLee

I had plenty of pics from this guy. Watched him grow all summer. I shot a doe in late Sept. My son and I smelled something dead but couldn't find it. I told him EHD probably got that big NT buck. I just had that feeling. Today I build a blind there and had some free time so I looked again, this time in daylight. We were 10-20 ft from it that night and didn't see it. The kudzu was real high then. Its dead now so I easily found it. Sure hate to see one go this way. Makes the 2nd big one I've found this year. Hes a beast though. Guess I have 4 big racks to boil out this year. :huh:

Attachments

Jim Boyd

Dang it!

What a shame, sorry to see this.

EHD - deer are usually found near water.

We are hoping this odd looking fellow makes through the shotguns and ML’s up in Illinois.

Best of luck.

Attachments

DoubleRR

Darnnnnn that is a shame to lose one like that...Urban bucks don't always have it easy...That is for sure!

Thread starter #6

BowanaLee

How do you know how it died? Is that an issue where you hunt? Scary..........
The 1st one I found was laying in a creek with no visible injuries. This one died about the same time of year. A creek was very close by. Thats about the time of year EHD kills them. Just an educated guess ?

Attachments

rutnbuk

Dang Lee- what a shame. My money is you are correct on EHD. That first buck was textbook signs and research shows if it gets one there are usually more in the area. I think this, and blue tongue are more common in GA than we realize. Weird how it usually gets the big boys. Even more reason to hate "no-see ums". Thanks for sharing.