Biggerstaff Creek Outfitters

Bow Only

I just got back from hunting with Biggerstaff Creek Outfitters in Quality, KY. It turned hot on us and the deer movement slowed, but both camera crews still saw shooters. On the first hunt, we saw 20 deer but the deer had changed over from the clover to iron clay peas due to the previous day's rain. The hunting got tough from there because of the heat, but I did manage to shoot a coyote and saw tons of turkeys. I don't know if anyone has ever hunted in Kentucky before, but I would say it is the most affordable hunt in the country if you are trying to kill a Boone and Crockett. Last year in KY, they killed 24 B&C and 5 of the typicals scored in the 180's. It is one of the top B&C states in the country. I saw plenty of deer mounts and pics that verify that the deer are there. They plant about 300 acres of food plots for the deer and no one around them plants for the deer. With over 7100 acres, they've got plenty of room and have been managing for 170 class deer for many years. They have let many 150 class bucks walk, although I don't think one would have gotten by me.
I've hunted in a lot of places, but never have I had an outfitter take care of us like they did. They have the best chef in the country. You think I'm kidding. I've never ate so good. He even made asparagus taste good and I didn't think that was possible. Add great food, big bucks, the best of accomadations and some of the most friendly people I've met, I'd give Biggerstaff Creek Outfitters an A+. Check out their website www.biggerstaffcreekoutfitters.com They still have a few firearms hunts available and the prices this year are a lot less than they will be next year. This is there first year as an outfitter and he wants the business. If 2 or 3 people go in together, they might even cut you a deal. If I can find time this year, I'll be going back. For the money, it's the best hunt you'll ever go on. Call and talk to Kalen, the owner. Tell him I told you to call, he might cut you a deal. You be glad you did.

Swamprat

Swamprat
i have hunted in kentucky before near cadiz. the thing that shocked me the most was the size of the animals. after years of hunting florida, georgia, and south carolina then seeing deer 50-75 pounds heavier is awesome

the horns are unbelievable, go into just about every country store and you will drool over the photos. if anybody does want an affordable hunt with a better than average chance to harvest a 150 class and above deer, kentucky is the place

my hunt was just the opposite, it started with perfect weather then overnight we had a bad storm that iced everything over for a couple of days. talk about miserable conditions. i did manage to see some deer toward the end and harvested a decent buck and a doe that weighed about 180 pounds

Mattval

Hunting in Kentucky sounds good!

TJay

I will check them out. I have hunted in KY and it sure was an awesome destination for giant deer. 2021 we are hunting in KY with Premier Outfitters but I will check out Biggerstaff as well. Thanks for the heads up. Do they have a website?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I will check them out. I have hunted in KY and it sure was an awesome destination for giant deer. 2021 we are hunting in KY with Premier Outfitters but I will check out Biggerstaff as well. Thanks for the heads up. Do they have a website?
16 years ago they did ?