Bionic blade

Woods1994

Anyone ever use bass pro bionic blade for inshore fishing? I’ve had a few for bass fishing but wondering any first hand experience?

Scallen2112

The Bionic Blade has always been a good rod for me. A 7'-7'6" med-hvy or hvy is a perfectly acceptable inshore rod that will handle any speckled trout or slot sized red. The only place you might get into trouble is with a red well over slot or a big Bonnethead. I had a Bonnethead break a BPS Extream, which is the next step up from the Bionic Blade. Do be sure to rinse your rod after use - they were not really thinking about salt when they designed them, so best to be safe than sorry on the rod guides.

WaltL1

Ive used a 7' MH a number of times inshore and worked just fine on trout/reds/flounder etc.
As with any rod in the salt, wash and wipe.

Anvil Head

Use warm soapy water to wash your gear....a quick rinse is fine if you're headed back out, but soap is needed to get the scum off before storing.

Rabun

Use warm soapy water to wash your gear....a quick rinse is fine if you're headed back out, but soap is needed to get the scum off before storing.

I agree. While I'm at the beach, I just rinse the gear off with fresh water, but when I get home, I brush everything thoroughly with warm soapy water before storing.

WaltL1

I agree. While I'm at the beach, I just rinse the gear off with fresh water, but when I get home, I brush everything thoroughly with warm soapy water before storing.
Its a lesson that's easy to learn the hard way ;)
Dont do it and you will surely learn!

Latest posts