Birds FLAT OUT GOBBLIN!

sowgabuckstalker

Man, its been a great season in my spots but this weekend they were gobbling more and LOUDER than they have all season. Should of had one at 7 AM this morning but my decoys (a Hen and a strutting jake) hung him up. Gobbled all the way to my set up and then hung up and strutted 30 mins about 80 yards out :mad: . He never really spooked though and I know exactly where he came from. Maybe he will be ready today die to allow me to fill my last tag in the morning. Regardless, great season and just glad I was able to have some exciting hunts the last couple of days of the season. Hate to see it go!

sowgabuckstalker

Now I am questioning if I should leave the decoys at home at should I put out a lone hen. I truly think He would've come on in with a lone hen set up? Hard to tale I know but what would yall do in the morning? I want this guy, he's a big one :)

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Burn the decoys. Set up to see no further than 50 yards. If he answers a time or two go quiet. Wait him out. Forget work. lol

sowgabuckstalker

Left the decoys at home. He hammered, was coming to me, watched him about 80 yards out, ghosted me and came up behind me and busted me :( Lol, oh well what a great season. Got a double and one of those was double bearded. And most importantly I learned more this year than any year yet.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Left the decoys at home. He hammered, was coming to me, watched him about 80 yards out, ghosted me and came up behind me and busted me :( Lol, oh well what a great season. Got a double and one of those was double bearded. And most importantly I learned more this year than any year yet.

Congrats on your season and becoming seasoned. lol. If it was easy, then it wouldn't be near as fun. Get more next year.