Bishops Travel Center / Highway 27.. Grady / Decatur counties

GaFlLine

Anybody having any luck in this area yet?? Seeing a lot of deer, mostly does and younger bucks. Looking forward to the month of December and some COLD weather!!!

florida boy

I grew up hunting the property behind the travel center and our family land is the tract at the corner of 157 and 111. It is usually slow this time of year and seems to be the best near christmas . I wondered when that deers pic was gonna be posted.....seem him at the gunclub cooler the other day . nice deer

GaFlLine

wow... we hunt very close to each other. I hunt off thomas road near the old golf course there and then another piece of property right past bishops on 262

florida boy

yep same piece .....what we called number 10 was the best spot on the place at the time we had it .There is deer that live in the Maxwell property that never see humans before they die of old age . When I was a kid we hunted it also. Once coastal went so high on their leases we had to back out of that 600 acre piece . Initially we had 5 members and it was 450 each per year......

florida boy

down on north east corner of the property right before the bridge . I noticed the layout of the trees have changed since we had it years ago when I flew over it the other day . I cut my teeth turkey hunting that property growing up . I was the only one that turkey hunted it back then .

GaFlLine

TONS of turkeys!!! And yes if you flew over it the past couple of days its definitely changed.. The timber company is currently in there running all of our deer out ( hopefully not ). Im hoping their out of there in the next week or so. I honestly think thats a big reason that buck got shot across the street. The timber company probably pushed him over there..... I hate that they have to come in there during hunting season