black drum

dawgwatch

Thread starter #1
just wandering when the big black drum should be coming in to the brunswick area. Any advise on where to fish for them would be appreciated...

Tideup

I don't know where to fish around Brunswick but, In Sapelo sound the drum like to gather around the ballast piles.

dawgwatch

Thread starter #3
don't know a lot about the area... where would I go to put in? how long of a boat ride am I looking at? Is the balllast piles exposed or will I need to find them? Thanks for the help!!!

March-April. I'd bet they would be frequenting the Sidney Lanier bridge rock piles.

dawgwatch

Thread starter #5
That's where I was hoping....I have used blithe island before...I would love to fight one of those beast this year

Three weeks ago my son and grandson caught 29 legal size drum around the big bridge / old bridge pilings a couple hours before low tide till low tide slack using dead shrimp for bait.

Tideup

There are several place to put in in the area.Shellmans Bluff,Harris Neck , Half Moon .
If you get a chart they are marked. They are submerged at high tide but they are visible after about an hour of outgoing. The biggest one I have caught there is 47lbs.

rdnckrbby

I've caught some big ones in SAP as well, biggest was 63 lbs two years ago. I've never tried this time of year only in the summer

Black Drum in Demeries Creek

Back when I was building my house, I got this 75 pounder
while my Dad and I took a break. He hooked this monster and lost it. He went to get another hook and I got him. He had to bring the drum up the boatramp for me. As you can see I had it mounted. It was fun, fun and more fun. I have gotten many more over the years but none that big.
Go for it. :clap:
:yeah:
Capt. Jimmy

Attachments

Tideup

Back when I was building my house, I got this 75 pounder
while my Dad and I took a break. He hooked this monster and lost it. He went to get another hook and I got him. He had to bring the drum up the boatramp for me. As you can see I had it mounted. It was fun, fun and more fun. I have gotten many more over the years but none that big.
Go for it. :clap:
:yeah:
Capt. Jimmy
Good one:cool: