black drum

dawgwatch

just wandering when the big black drum should be coming in to the brunswick area. Any advise on where to fish for them would be appreciated...

Tideup

I don't know where to fish around Brunswick but, In Sapelo sound the drum like to gather around the ballast piles.

dawgwatch

don't know a lot about the area... where would I go to put in? how long of a boat ride am I looking at? Is the balllast piles exposed or will I need to find them? Thanks for the help!!!

Apex Predator

March-April. I'd bet they would be frequenting the Sidney Lanier bridge rock piles.

dawgwatch

That's where I was hoping....I have used blithe island before...I would love to fight one of those beast this year

Sharkfighter

How big do they get there? We caught an 18 incher on fiddler at a near shore reef up by Savannah last weekend.

dotties cutter

Three weeks ago my son and grandson caught 29 legal size drum around the big bridge / old bridge pilings a couple hours before low tide till low tide slack using dead shrimp for bait.

Tideup

There are several place to put in in the area.Shellmans Bluff,Harris Neck , Half Moon .
If you get a chart they are marked. They are submerged at high tide but they are visible after about an hour of outgoing. The biggest one I have caught there is 47lbs.

rdnckrbby

I've caught some big ones in SAP as well, biggest was 63 lbs two years ago. I've never tried this time of year only in the summer

Bryannecker

Black Drum in Demeries Creek

Back when I was building my house, I got this 75 pounder
while my Dad and I took a break. He hooked this monster and lost it. He went to get another hook and I got him. He had to bring the drum up the boatramp for me. As you can see I had it mounted. It was fun, fun and more fun. I have gotten many more over the years but none that big.
Go for it. :clap:
:yeah:
Capt. Jimmy

Attachments

• FishMounts and trophies (5).jpg
    FishMounts and trophies (5).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 571

Tideup

Back when I was building my house, I got this 75 pounder
while my Dad and I took a break. He hooked this monster and lost it. He went to get another hook and I got him. He had to bring the drum up the boatramp for me. As you can see I had it mounted. It was fun, fun and more fun. I have gotten many more over the years but none that big.
Go for it. :clap:
:yeah:
Capt. Jimmy

Good one:cool: