Blackbeard Island Nov 29-Dec 1 hunt Roll Call

pturner15

Me and a buddy will be heading down early that Thursday. Tips would helpful. Its been 15 years since I've been.

Trip Penn

If you hunt the wilderness area there are more pine trees. You will have more choices with a lock on and some light weight climbing sticks.

zigzag3337

4 of us will be there. We've already been over there and done some scouting as well as hung some stands. This will be probably my 9th or 10th trip over with last year being the first time in 15+ years. Not much different from way back when. Saw a lot of sign all over the island, so we're hoping for a successful trip.

forrest68

4 of us will be there. We've already been over there and done some scouting as well as hung some stands. This will be probably my 9th or 10th trip over with last year being the first time in 15+ years. Not much different from way back when. Saw a lot of sign all over the island, so we're hoping for a successful trip.
Where do you put in at to make the run to Blackbeard?

zigzag3337

We put in at Harris Neck. From the boat ramp, run the creek out to the sound (7-8 miles) and depending on the tide (high - you can cut across the mouth of the creek, low - you'll have to run out and around the channel marker) you can save a little bit of distance across the sound to the entrance to Blackbeard Creek that leads you up to the island. It will save you about 7 miles verses putting in at Shellman's Bluff. The key here is to watch the tide. Low tide sucks in this area as the channel in the creek isn't marked nor very wide. I ran aground 4 different times a few weeks ago when we went over to scout.

Total trip from Harris Neck to Blackbeard Island dock is right at 15 miles

Last edited: