Blackberry jelly

ky55

Thanks guys.
This batch came from berries I had juiced and frozen a couple of years ago.
My berry picking buddy and I picked 144 pounds of wild berries in 5 days in early July that year.

He died the following January.

Last edited:

MOTS

I bought 4 thornless plants a few years ago for 2.50 each. It has been one of the best 10.00 I have ever invested. We put up around the same amount as you and still have extra.

crackerdave

Thanks guys.
This batch came from berries I had juiced and frozen a couple of years ago.
My berry picking buddy and I picked 144 pounds of wild berries in 5 days in early July that year.

He died the following January.

That's some hard-earned fruit right there.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
It is he best jelly and Jam too.

onedude

Never mind my question. I reread the post and now see they were wild berries. 144 pounds is a whole lot of berries. the most we ever picked was a 5 gal. bucket at one time. don't know how much that weighted. how many red bugs did you get?

ky55

Never mind my question. I reread the post and now see they were wild berries. 144 pounds is a whole lot of berries. the most we ever picked was a 5 gal. bucket at one time. don't know how much that weighted. how many red bugs did you get?

Yep, 5 gallons of blackberries is a bunch!
We picked a bucket each on our best day...
We don’t have red bugs here, but we sure got plenty of chiggers!

GA1dad

Man oh man,,, that jelly wouldn't stand a chance at my house,, we all love it!!!

buckmanmike

I remember as a kid, other kids would come to the house to sell fresh picked blackberries. Cant remember the price but we always declined because we had already picked every bush on our property.
Always had to keep an eye out for snakes around them berry bushes.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
@ky55 , got this in the mail this morning, and it really doesn`t get any better than this. This stuff tastes just like that Mama used to make. The Redhead and I had us a fine breakfast this morning. blackberry jelly.jpg

Thank you kindly, Jeff, I`m in your debt! :cheers:

ky55

Yeah man!
I’m glad y’all like it.
No debt-the picture was all you owed me!
:clap: