Blasphemy...........

Nitro

Banned
I see all these good sandwich recipes and then yall ruin it with "Blue Plate" or "Miracle Whip"some other substandard sandwich spread.

For a true Southerner, it has to be the Classic Mayo- DUKE'S.........especially on Mater sammiches.

What say you?!?!?:bounce:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I say my mama used Dukes and I hated it then and still do.
When I got out on my own I went to Miracle Whip.

Handgunner

Never heard of Dukes..... :huh:

Blue Plate only here... :D

Arrow3

I didn't know they made anything other then Dukes?? :D:D

Snakeman

agarr said:
For a true Southerner, it has to be the Classic Mayo- DUKE'S
True Southerner? And you list your location as Atlanta?

Bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best.:flag: :flag: (known as Best Foods west of the Rockies)

The Snakeman

dixie

I can't handle that miracle whip stuff, taste like wallpaper paste, we buy blue plate or dukes, whichever is on sale.

Eshad

Growing up, we always used BAMA mayonnaise. Of course that was when we LIVED in Alabama. Can't find it over here.:huh:

Nitro

Banned
Eshad said:
Growing up, we always used BAMA mayonnaise. Of course that was when we LIVED in Alabama. Can't find it over here.:huh:

Bama Mayo is made by the C.F. Sauer Company......same company that owns Duke's.........

Duke's Mayo started commercial production around 1920. Family recipe dates to 1887. Mrs.Eugenia Duke of Greenville,SC made the mayonnaise for Tomato sandwiches she sold to Soldiers at Ft. Sevier.

It's real Southern Mayonnaise.:banana:

Attachments

• Dukes_old_jar.jpg
    Dukes_old_jar.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 109

FESTUSHAGGIN

ive seen tv commercial s for dukes. other than that ive never heard of it. im a blue plate man all the way. when i lived in indiana my mama used to mail me a jar ever now and then. couldnt find it up there. mayonaisse aint mayonaise unless its got a blue plate label on it

GeauxLSU

You boys have some refined palates that's for sure. Debating the subtle nuances of various cholesterol spreads!?! :eek:

Nitro

Banned
FESTUSHAGGIN said:
ive seen tv commercial s for dukes. other than that ive never heard of it. im a blue plate man all the way. when i lived in indiana my mama used to mail me a jar ever now and then. couldnt find it up there. mayonaisse aint mayonaise unless its got a blue plate label on it

Therein lays the problem.............. "when I lived in Indiana"

I'll mail you some Duke's:rofl:

FESTUSHAGGIN

agarr said:
Therein lays the problem.............. "when I lived in Indiana"

I'll mail you some Duke's:rofl:
im from ga born and raised. i lived up there for a year. thats where my sweet tater is from.

Jeff Phillips

Snakeman said:
Bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best.:flag: :flag: (known as Best Foods west of the Rockies)

Here is another vote for Hellman's!

If it ain't Hellman's, I'll just have the mustard!