Blind Recommend

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This is a tough post for me. Health may cause me to come out of the tree next year and use a blind.

To save hours of research I'd thought I'd ask the good folks here for your thoughts and recommends.

My requirements- Something I can carry without an ATV. I tend to get off the beaten path and hunt alone. I'd like to be able to move it fairly easily as the situation changes.

What should I look for and avoid in buying a blind.
Please share your experiences on important issues in using a blind I may not be thinking of.

Maydog

I just started hunting out of a blind this year and have been very impressed with the level of comfort sitting is a chair versus a tree stand. I've been using the Ameristep Brickhouse and have been very impressed with them.

shdw633

I have several types of ground blinds and like the hub blinds when I am going to leave it in the woods but I REALLY love my Ameristep 2 man and 1 man chair blinds. They are light, easy to carry, set up/tear down quickly and deer don't seem to be alerted to them as quickly as a hub style blind. The two man gives you a litte extra room but when I am just hunting a single lane type situation I will use my one man as it is a little smaller and easier to conceal.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Thank you, I'll spend some time looking at them.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Major Wader

Whatever blind you buy, do yourself a favor and buy one of Millenium's G100 chairs. They ain't cheap, but they are extremely comfortable.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a couple. I don't use them. I hunt from the ground as much as I do from a tree. And kill a good many deer from the ground. A small folding chair and a bush or tree is all the blind you need. And it don't spook deer like a pop-up. They are over rated. The least stuff you change, the better. It you are still and break up your outline, the deer won't see you.

Stroker

I purchased one this year, hunted with it one time and returned it, didn't like the way it restricted my view. I still hunt from a climber occasionally but I use a turkey stool 95% of the time and have no trouble killing all I want every year.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I bought a 2 pack from Academy Sports a couple of years ago. Under $100 for both.
2 people can sit in them comfortably but it is a little tight.
We love hunting from them. Still hunt stands too. I set this up Fri evening & we hunted it Sat morning. Back window is open. It's much darker with it closed. I also brushed the front in more after the pic.

20190114_194352.jpg

buckpasser

As already mentioned, the pop out 4 square and a roof type are way easier to pack in and out than a hub and fold down flat for a super slim backpack setup. In a strong wind they aren’t as stable as a hub, and it’s tough to prop your gun up in the corner compared to a hub, but it’s almost unbearable to carry a big hub blind very far with gun and chair.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I bought a 2 pack from Academy Sports a couple of years ago. Under $100 for both.
2 people can sit in them comfortably but it is a little tight.
We love hunting from them. Still hunt stands too. I set this up Fri evening & we hunted it Sat morning. Back window is open. It's much darker with it closed. I also brushed the front in more after the pic.

View attachment 955919
Kind of a spooky artifact in that picture.....is there a sasquatch in there?

Stroker

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I'm 67 and hunt like you, alone and off the beaten path. The fold flat blind was a pain to carry along with the required folding chair. I like to stay mobile and the turkey stool fits my hunting style.

I think the biggest difference is I can get up in stand and get the blood flowing. Without a blind I’d be giving myself away more. That’s the probably the price for mobility.

Stroker

I think the biggest difference is I can get up in stand and get the blood flowing. Without a blind I’d be giving myself away more. That’s the probably the price for mobility.

Unless your a short person you can't fully stand up in most of the blinds.