blue dog question

Benjie Boswell

I see that there seems to be several blue dog hunters here. I have been wondering if you are on a competition cast of all blue dogs, and all the dogs are struck in deep (75-100yds) and then 1 dog walks up to the cast, how do you know who to minus if you can't catch the dog?::ke:

poolecw

If a dog is delared struck but comes in to the cast, he is minused for quiting the trail.

Here it is in the rulebook:

4(e) When a dog quits a trail that is being worked and
comes in, he will be minused, Judges decision

jmfdakaniterider2

I see that there seems to be several blue dog hunters here. I have been wondering if you are on a competition cast of all blue dogs, and all the dogs are struck in deep (75-100yds) and then 1 dog walks up to the cast, how do you know who to minus if you can't catch the dog?::ke:

The Walcur dog from the cast 3 miles down the road cause he is comin to see what a coon in a tree looks like ..............:rofl::rofl:

Blue Dog Mafia

thomas gose

QUOTE=Benjie Boswell;3633247]I see that there seems to be several blue dog hunters here. I have been wondering if you are on a competition cast of all blue dogs, and all the dogs are struck in deep (75-100yds) and then 1 dog walks up to the cast, how do you know who to minus if you can't catch the dog?::ke:[/QUOTE]

:cheers:thas funny! here we go again!:hammers:

willcox

75-100 yds isnt deep unless you are hunting walcurs. if a walcur gets that far without making a tree he must have been turned out in a field unless he's out of breathe from all the babbling he's done in those first few yards!::ke::rofl:
jmfdakaniterider2 you've been with enough to know that walcurs know coons are big tall animals with limbs and leaves sticking off of them . thats why they win so much in the summer -- more coons!:yeah: sure they win a bunch of hunts but think about this 4 walcurs and their handlers on a cast is like turning 4 shoplifters loose in wally world without the cameras on--- anything goes :whip:

Last edited:

Benjie Boswell

I was just kinda curious, it's hard enough to minus a dog when they don't all look the same. I've also wondered if everybody just handles a dog at the tree and then they sort out which dog is which according to the collar. It could really get confusing on a redbone cast.

all ticked up

if u can't catch it then it didn't walk up to the cast so there is no minus if u have a child that plays ball how do u know witch one is yours??

poolecw

I was just kinda curious, it's hard enough to minus a dog when they don't all look the same. I've also wondered if everybody just handles a dog at the tree and then they sort out which dog is which according to the collar. It could really get confusing on a redbone cast.

If you don't know what you're dog looks like or sounds like, then you really shouldn't be entering a competition hunt.....

Benjie Boswell

if u can't catch it then it didn't walk up to the cast so there is no minus if u have a child that plays ball how do u know witch one is yours??

depends on how he is playing:bounce: I've seen alot of people who know everything there is to know about their dog, suddenly not be able to pick him out of a lineup of poodles. I just figured it might get real interesting when they are all twins. so if a dog quits a track and comes by the cast peeing on bushes but isn't handled, there is no minus?

poolecw

depends on how he is playing:bounce: I've seen alot of people who know everything there is to know about their dog, suddenly not be able to pick him out of a lineup of poodles. I just figured it might get real interesting when they are all twins. so if a dog quits a track and comes by the cast peeing on bushes but isn't handled, there is no minus?

Thats a "judge's call" type situation. Just because a dog comes by the cast, he hasn't necessarily quit the track. But if a dog was out in the woods trailing and then out of the blue pops up by the cast, he is minused.

willcox

sounds like you are too used to hunting in those 4 dog shoplifter casts mentioned earlier:bounce: a good judge could figure it out.:huh: if hes mine he'll have a size 11 hanging out of his *ss and you can minus him. :cool: i can understand your confusion as yall have to see a dog to know who's he is cause all of yall's walkers sound alike . they all start when their feet hit the dirt and the only way you know they are treed is they stop moving. that same voice they all have can no doubt be traced to the beagle in their family tree [or family coon whatever yall call it]:stir:

all ticked up

depends on how he is playing:bounce:
so u would pick out one that is doing it right and claim that one sounds just like a walcur man lol the dog in my avatar was put in his first hunt at a 1 1/2 old and made nite champ before he turned 2 and yours did what?? oh mine won't be 2 until the 21st of this month

Benjie Boswell

Mine? Oh I haven't ever owned one good enough to be "nite champion", I just piddle with a few poo eaters. I hope to be able to own one someday, but I probably won't. I don't hunt to many of those United Kindergarten Club hunts.:bounce:

all ticked up

Mine? Oh I haven't ever owned one good enough to be "nite champion", I just piddle with a few poo eaters. I hope to be able to own one someday, but I probably won't. I don't hunt to many of those United Kindergarten Club hunts.:bounce:

you said it not me i think once u make nite champ u move up to the first grade.

jmfdakaniterider2

Then that right there answers your first question :huh::huh::huh:

If ya hunt your dog then you know your dog:huh::huh:

UKC PKC or the AKC are all good for us Houndsmen , but if ya don't hunt them don't knock them

Blue Dog Mafia