Blue Wonder Gun Blue

PAW-PAW BUCK

I am wanting to reblue a couple of rifles. Wanting your thoughts on the Blue Wonder Product or If you know one that would work better.

JMN1976

If your doing an entire gun with a cold bluing product don't expect much out of it
prep is the key in any bluing application - you may get some color after about 5 or 6 applications, but I doubt you get any kind of durability. In my experience the durability won't even be good enough to prevent wiping off the product with a hard swipe of your thumbnail.

Now if your redoing something to hang it on the wall and look pretty, you might get some color which will be a bluish black, but there won't be any depth to it.

Overall the cold bluings are for minor touchup only and that is about all it is good for. I cut the barrels off of some guns in the past and I used it on the end of the barrel where the section of barrel walls were raw. I have used it where a small scratch or scuff was and in those instances it has a purpose, but in a total rebluing there is better ways.
Good Luck in whatever you pursue

killerv

If you don't have a hot bluing setup...I'd try a rust blue, prep is key. Degrease, apply rust bluing, when it starts to fuzz up and turn a dark orange, hit it with hot steam or boiling water. It'll turn the rust black and buff off with degreased 0000 steel wool. I used brownells classic rust blue. As warm and humid as it is now, just apply and hang it outside, checking on it ever so often. You can go over the old bluing with it, no need to strip...the classic blends well. C&R arsenal has some awesome tutorials on rust bluing.

JMN1976

rust blue is a good option and I forgot to mention that - I have used this product before on H&R shotgun and muzzleloader barrels. Doesn't require degreasing and ultra cleanliness for metal prep and I would suggest not making the metal smooth it needs to be hit good with sandpaper to make alot of room for the rust to form - you can apply as many times as you want and change it to blue/black at the end by putting boiling water
https://www.laurelmountainforge.com/barrel_brown.htm