Bluebird Day.

Cmp1

BANNED
Nice,,,,a long time before we see them back up here,,,,how do you capture these pics,,,,beautiful,,,,

natureman

Nice,,,,a long time before we see them back up here,,,,how do you capture these pics,,,,beautiful,,,,

For some of them I have feeding stations in my woods and use a blind which allows me to get pretty close. I am positioned to take advantage of the best natural lighting. Other times I luck out and am able to get close while hiking in the National Forest.

As some know I am a video shooter and these photos are frame grabs from the video I shoot. My camera is a Panasonic GH5 and I use an Olympus 75-300mm lens. This camera and lens due to its design is effectively 600mm when zoomed in and with Extra Tele Conversion (ETC) on it gives the lens added reach to about 710mm with absolutely no quality loss because of how it uses the pixels on the camera sensor.

I import the frame grab into my photo editing program, crop and tweak the image.

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Brilliant color! Nice capture.
I have been seeing lots of colorful birds the past couple weeks - bluebirds, blue jays, canaries, robins, and a host of regular visitors to the feeders.

wvdawg

Staff member

Cmp1

BANNED
For some of them I have feeding stations in my woods and use a blind which allows me to get pretty close. I am positioned to take advantage of the best natural lighting. Other times I luck out and am able to get close while hiking in the National Forest.

As some know I am a video shooter and these photos are frame grabs from the video I shoot. My camera is a Panasonic GH5 and I use an Olympus 75-300mm lens. This camera and lens due to its design is effectively 600mm when zoomed in and with Extra Tele Conversion (ETC) on it gives the lens added reach to about 710mm with absolutely no quality loss because of how it uses the pixels on the camera sensor.

I import the frame grab into my photo editing program, crop and tweak the image.
I have multiple lenses for my 35mm Canon,,,,70 -210,300 and 600 mirror along with wide,,,,my digital is a P 510 Nikon,,,,might have to break out the 35mm,,,,

GAJoe

Now that's Blue! Great image as usual.