Boat Build

g0nef1sshn

Have another tiller handle headed in at the end of the week and another line up on another one that has newer features i may pick up. Both are the right style i believe so i should be good to go getting out on the water this year feelin comfortable. I should have a few trips out on the water the next two weeke s!

g0nef1sshn

Testing out uploading from the phone. See if this works....

It worked. Had to email pics to myeslf as small. Then redownload them and upload from the file not camera/images.

Messing with blind ideas. Still have about 12' of uncut ripstop left. This set up has 2 spots to pop up in. I think i can cut another piece to have a third spot too. This will be gettin tweeked as the time goes ofcourse.

Attachments

• 20161106_085130_resized.jpg
    20161106_085130_resized.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 20161106_085119_resized.jpg
    20161106_085119_resized.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,394
  • 20161106_085057_resized.jpg
    20161106_085057_resized.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,406

g0nef1sshn

Got the new tiller on. getting ready for a ride this weekend to test it out.

Attachments

• 20161110_104637_resized.jpg
    20161110_104637_resized.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1,338
  • 20161110_135007_resized.jpg
    20161110_135007_resized.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,293

g0nef1sshn

It works! Sorry about the quality of the video, its hd on my phone.

Trying this embed thing. Lets see if it worked:yeah:

g0nef1sshn

hang in there with me. Im new to youtube. try this one instead. Not sure what I did through my phone really, but it worked.

if it is still fuzzy, while you watch it click the setting on the youtube video and select a higher res. World of difference. Ok, I should be done for the day......:cheers:

tsharp

I was thinking when I was going to go take a ride with you, but now I have to wait. LOL You did a excellent job my friend!

g0nef1sshn

I was thinking when I was going to go take a ride with you, but now I have to wait. LOL You did a excellent job my friend!

Thanks T. I had 2 ok test runs with the wrong tiller handle. Bought the right one. Had a good scouting day the week before season. Then on the opener i hit something headed back to the ramp and it went bonkers. When its back right we will go cruising! :biggrin2:

g0nef1sshn

Between mechanic, iboats, and a mercury facebook fan group i got the motor running again! Did compression check and it came back good. Bought some new plugs and spark tester. All 4 cylinders had spark so i put new plug in cyl 4 the mech said wasnt firing. It fired up faster than ever!

Problem is i saw water commin through the plug threads! It wasnt alot but it aint right either. So thats the next thing to figure out. Other than that she idled smooth and was music to my ears. For now....

welderguy

Between mechanic, iboats, and a mercury facebook fan group i got the motor running again! Did compression check and it came back good. Bought some new plugs and spark tester. All 4 cylinders had spark so i put new plug in cyl 4 the mech said wasnt firing. It fired up faster than ever!

Problem is i saw water commin through the plug threads! It wasnt alot but it aint right either. So thats the next thing to figure out. Other than that she idled smooth and was music to my ears. For now....

Cracked head? Leaking head gasket?

Dub

I've really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing what you've done with this 'un.

g0nef1sshn

Thanks Dub. Heres some more enjoyment that should go to the misfortune side.

Some reason i couldnt check into stewart this morning. Dont know why. But it got light out so i went and watched river. Didnt see ducks amd didnt here shootin. So i go to napa to get 2 more plugs and pb to soak the bolts ill be taking out. Plus a socket to tighten my prop back up so i dont have to always borrow one. With tail gate down and kayak in the truck i backed into a sign. A concrete pole kinda sign. Get out to look and i see a piece of plastic is cracked. No biggy. Get home and i got the wrong socket. Take kayak out and actually look at the tail gate and its way worse than i thought. So i forced the mother shut so i still have a back up cam to use knowing i cant open it again. Go to the store sign owner because i didnt think it was that hard of hit and let them know. Their concrete pole i A OK. tail gate not so much. Then i exchanged socket for the right one. About that time wife calls said she forgot holliday party food at the house for her work. So i go off on a 3 hour tour to drop food off and take her car in for oil change.

Back home meow. With a cold aluminum can and more just callin my name.

g0nef1sshn

Ft Polk bound

packed up and leaving GA, vaca in Fl then off to Ft Polk, La for a few years....

Will update with new boat things as they happen! I appreciate everything this forum has done for me the last 3 years! made great friends and had great hunts with them. Good luck this year to everyone!

MudDucker

Staff member
packed up and leaving GA, vaca in Fl then off to Ft Polk, La for a few years....

Will update with new boat things as they happen! I appreciate everything this forum has done for me the last 3 years! made great friends and had great hunts with them. Good luck this year to everyone!

Safe travels and best of luck to you!