Boat launch by Motorhome?

Dialer

Seems there should be an easier way. Want to go on a week long trip with just my RV and 16 foot Bass Attacker crappie boat, but can’t figure out a way to launch the boat....Just don’t think it’s possible backing a 30 foot motorhome down a boat ramp, has anyone ever seen it done? Will I end up on America’s Funniest Videos? ..Help and suggestions greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 8938EEAF-7135-4835-8E1E-90224D909858.jpeg
    8938EEAF-7135-4835-8E1E-90224D909858.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 42

greg_n_clayton

Looking at your front bumper, is it possible to attach one of the receivers you can buy that bolts to step bumpers ??

greg_n_clayton

Like this one ?? This one I found at Harbor Freight for less than 30 bucks.

Attachments

• image_16160.jpg
    image_16160.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1

ryanh487

Have you tried a trailer dolly? You'll want to tie off to something sturdy so you don't lose it down the ramp, but it could be an option.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
My dad used to do it with a motorhome.
Have your brakes checked and leave it running.
You need someone that can back you up and launch the boat while you stay in the drivers seat.

You could pay or ask someone at the boat ramp for assistance in launching on their truck too.
Just keep your wits and take your time.

little rascal

My dad used to do it for years, mom stands in the back window and tells him where and how far to back down and stop.

jdgator

My dad used to do it with a motorhome.
Have your brakes checked and leave it running.
You need someone that can back you up and launch the boat while you stay in the drivers seat.

You could pay or ask someone at the boat ramp for assistance in launching on their truck too.
Just keep your wits and take your time.

This. And if you can launch at a marina, they usually have a truck or ATV that can launch & recover your boat for a fee.

rayjay

Rear view camera and enough practice in a large flat parking lot until you are proficient.