Boat Motor man around Lanier

Luke0927

my father in law need someone reliable and honest to take a look at his boat its a mercury 5.0 motor anyone know a good person or place up around here?

Thanks

Charles Pass on Buford Dam Rd. (770) 945-7924. He's been doing all our work for 15 years.

tigerfan

I failed to protect my 2007 5.0 Mercruiser from winter damage; therefore, I had to install a new engine. I still have a lot of components from the 07 engine that are in great shape. Let me know if there is something you need.

Luke0927

I think thats what his problem is he drained it out but looks like he was a fitting to use air to make sure everything was blown out....it must have swelled and cracked its whole big pieced busted out it looks like it might only be on the manifold (guess you'd call it that on a boat) and hopefully not more.

How much did the engine set you back?

tigerfan

you should have 2 manifolds on that engine (one on each side). If it is just the manifolds, then I suggest you replace them yourselves. The biggest problem is the weight of the things.

1. You'll need 1 gasket for each manifold (2 if you have the extension plate to make it higher). These run $40.50

2. Manifolds can be obtained between $175-300 each.

You really need to get down in the engine compartment and check the block.

I found the new engine for $4,500 and installed it with my father and a friend. I received an estimate to install a remanufactured block, replace the manifolds, etc. for $7,300; however, I'm sure that it would have exceeded $8K in the end.

Luke0927

you should have 2 manifolds on that engine (one on each side). If it is just the manifolds, then I suggest you replace them yourselves. The biggest problem is the weight of the things.

1. You'll need 1 gasket for each manifold (2 if you have the extension plate to make it higher). These run $40.50

2. Manifolds can be obtained between $175-300 each.

You really need to get down in the engine compartment and check the block.

I found the new engine for $4,500 and installed it with my father and a friend. I received an estimate to install a remanufactured block, replace the manifolds, etc. for $7,300; however, I'm sure that it would have exceeded $8K in the end.

Thanks All I'll give him the numbers and let him talk to the folks.

I looked at it too I'll try and take a pic it was hard to see where the manifold comes off the block so I wasn't sure if it was cracked below on the block. Going to have to crawl in and look better.