Boat question

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Anyone have any experience with a 1636 Jon boat? If so, anyone have any trouble with the stability?

Core Lokt

I don't like narrow jon's personally. Last week I got 2 kids out of the lake in a 1436. They both got on the same side and flipped it.

jerry russell

I can’t imagine using a 36” boat in a cold water/duck hunting environment on anything larger than a small pond. My 1760 seems small in rough conditions on big water.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I can’t imagine using a 36” boat in a cold water/duck hunting environment on anything larger than a small pond. My 1760 seems small in rough conditions on big water.

Was in a 1236 with only a trolling motor this past season on big water, if figured it would have more stability, still got a good deal for boat and trailer. Yeah, the 12' seemed very small at times.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I don't like narrow jon's personally. Last week I got 2 kids out of the lake in a 1436. They both got on the same side and flipped it.

Neither do I, but it was advertised as a 1654, which it is 54" at top. Also has 21" sides. I don't load up one side or sit on the same side.

Gaducker

I wouldn't hunt more than 2 folks out of it. 2062 is a stable platform and I could not imagine going back down in size. when I step in my buddies 18 54 I can tell a difference in how stable mine is.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I wouldn't hunt more than 2 folks out of it. 2062 is a stable platform and I could not imagine going back down in size. when I step in my buddies 18 54 I can tell a difference in how stable mine is.
It'll mainly be for getting to the spot, but if need be, I can definitely make 2 trips, and most likely will when goose hunting.

T-N-T

I have a 15-42. High sides. It's greatly myself and lacks a little with two.
I will upgrade when the right boat shows itsself

JWF III

Neither do I, but it was advertised as a 1654, which it is 54" at top. Also has 21" sides. I don't load up one side or sit on the same side.

I don’t know what/how someone might have measured it to list a used boat. But if it’s truely a 1654, the 54 dimension is at the bottom. It would have plenty of stability for anything a sane person would be out in.

Wyman

Huntmaster2

My 1648 is much more stabile than my 1436. I will only take the 1436 to a pond. I couldn't imagine shooting or just moving around quickly in the 1436.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I don’t know what/how someone might have measured it to list a used boat. But if it’s truely a 1654, the 54 dimension is at the bottom. It would have plenty of stability for anything a sane person would be out in.

Wyman

It's definitely a 1636, they just measured wrong, but it is better than what I had which was nothing.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

My 1648 is much more stabile than my 1436. I will only take the 1436 to a pond. I couldn't imagine shooting or just moving around quickly in the 1436.

Me and 2 others cut into a flock of geese from a 1436 with no problems, but do want to try and upgrade the 1636 to a 1652. Finally got out onto the lake today in it, and was very surprised at the stability it should be good enough to get me through the upcoming season.

Huntmaster2

Me and 2 others cut into a flock of geese from a 1436 with no problems, but do want to try and upgrade the 1636 to a 1652. Finally got out onto the lake today in it, and was very surprised at the stability it should be good enough to get me through the upcoming season.

That's awesome! At least you will be hunting this season. It's hard to find a decent priced 1648 or bigger. Mine is really old, but I think I paid $550 for the boat with a 25hp Evinrude.

Gaducker

That's awesome! At least you will be hunting this season. It's hard to find a decent priced 1648 or bigger. Mine is really old, but I think I paid $550 for the boat with a 25hp Evinrude.

Yall will be ok in them boats till you can upgrade. I started out in a 1236 with 1956 5 hp evinrude we went up and down the flint for years in that thing and it was still cadilacin when I sold it.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Yeah, the price for boat and trailer were too good to pass up. Also got a 20 hp Johnson for $75 that I need to get running. I found out this past season that hunting out of a boat is better than walking in lol.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Yall will be ok in them boats till you can upgrade. I started out in a 1236 with 1956 5 hp evinrude we went up and down the flint for years in that thing and it was still cadilacin when I sold it.

I was in a 1236 this past year on big water with only a trolling motor, when I got invited to hunt big water, this one is definitely a major improvement.