Book "Heartsblood" recommended by Nic...

oldguy

Awhile back Nic posted concerning a book Heartsblood. Wondering who read it and what your thoughts were?
While working as the Hunter Education Coordinator for the middle 18 counties of SC (1980s) I preached that sermon a thousand times "The Ethical Nature Hunter". Just hope it had some effect.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This man`s thoughts and ideals are not what many of today`s type of outdoorsmen will relate to, but this author is pure woodsman. He`s much like Aldo Leopold.

RootConservative

Awhile back Nic posted concerning a book Heartsblood. Wondering who read it and what your thoughts were?
While working as the Hunter Education Coordinator for the middle 18 counties of SC (1980s) I preached that sermon a thousand times "The Ethical Nature Hunter". Just hope it had some effect.
I bought it after Nic's recommendation, however have two books ahead of it right now. I'm excited to read it.

Esau

I read the book a few years back. It very closely represents how I view the outdoors and my life in it. I am in a very small minority and I usually keep my thoughts to myself. I try to not judge others and their pursuits as long as it is legal. There are just a lot of things I will not do, and a lot of things I will not use in my pursuit of game. I am seen as very odd by folks that don't quiet understand my outdoor ethics. I only revealed this here because it seems pretty safe that I won't rile anyone up. :cool: