Book recommendations

Dub

Was sorta thinking along those lines, too.

Any W.E.B. Griffin or Stephen Hunter series novel is a great place to start.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
The Matt Bracken trilogy is good.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Someone I know recommended this. Getting ready to start it image.jpg

Reactions: Dub

mark-7mag

Yes, my dog has his own chair

crackerdave

Any book by Ferrol Sams is good..Run With the Horsemen is my favorite.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I finished the Sackett series recently, Louis LAmour is addicting.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I finished the Sackett series recently, Louis LAmour is addicting.
You beat me to it. I've got all of his books in paper back and leather bound. That's the best series of all.

Dr. Strangelove

You probably already know about them, but if you're looking for outdoors/hunting/fishing type books any of the Robert Ruark books are good.

I especially enjoy reading The Old Man and the Boy and The Old Man's boy grows older, both classics about growing up hunting and fishing in coastal North Carolina.

DannyW

You probably already know about them, but if you're looking for outdoors/hunting/fishing type books any of the Robert Ruark books are good.

I especially enjoy reading The Old Man and the Boy and The Old Man's boy grows older, both classics about growing up hunting and fishing in coastal North Carolina.

Another vote for these two books. I have recommended them to several of my hunting/fishing friends and every one of them said they thoroughly enjoyed them.

There is a paperback version which includes both of the Old Man books. Perfect for the beach...no worries about a little sand and water ruining the book (you don't want to take a 1st edition Ruark hardback to the beach!) I am sure you can find it on eBay.

mark-7mag

marknga

GONetwork Member
If you like the new Netflix move "The Highwaymen" then you will love the Stephen Hunter novel "G-Man"
Hero Bob Lee Swagger investigates his grandfather who in 1934 helped to track down the criminals of that day.
GREAT READ!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford books.
Tim Dorsey's Serge Storms books.
Carl Hiaasen's mysteries.
John D. McDonald's Travis McGee books.
James W. Hall's Thorn books.
James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux books.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford books.
Tim Dorsey's Serge Storms books.
Carl Hiaasen's mysteries.
John D. McDonald's Travis McGee books.
James W. Hall's Thorn books.
James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux books.
Heck yeah! Randy Wayne White, Carl Hiaasen, James Lee Burke.
Also John Grisham.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Mason Jars in the Flood by Gary Carden. It's about growing up in the mountains in North Carolina.

Also, Letters From My Momma's Table by Rick Bragg. I've enjoyed all Bragg's books but this one is the best. It's about way more than just food. But reading it will make you HUNGRY!

Latest posts