Book recommendations

Im not much for fiction anymore... the way half the country acts is crazier than fiction. So, Im a non fiction kinda guy...

Two I loved:

"NO EASY DAY"

"HEdouble hockey sticks, I WAS THERE!" (It's a book title for God's sake!!)

thumbnail-107.jpegthumbnail-105.jpeg

greg_n_clayton

I finished the Sackett series recently, Louis LAmour is addicting.
Do you have the very one of the Hackett series ? I forgot his name, but he was the brry first Hackett that, according the book, was the first white to venture to the West.

AceOfTheBase

… for a start..
Wayne Stinnet : Jesse McDermit series. (in the Keys)
Cap Daniels: Chase Fulton series (Caribbean)
Dawn Lee McKenna : Forgotten Coast series (Apalachicola, FL)
Mark Stone : Costal Jusice-Dillon Storm series (Naples, FL)
Nelson DeMille : John Corey series (East coast)
Craig Johnson : Walt Longmire series (Wyoming)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Do you have the very one of the Hackett series ? I forgot his name, but he was the brry first Hackett that, according the book, was the first white to venture to the West.

Barnabas, came to the Carolinas from England, his adventures took him west of the Blue Mountains. His son Jubal ventured across the great river then on to the mountains of the west by way of the river that runs from the great river northwest into the shining mountains.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
All of the "Jack Reacher" series. I read 2-3 books a week..

AceOfTheBase

I stopped reading Lee Child (Jack Reacher series) when Child endorsed Tommy Cruise as the Reacher character in his movie - not even close - just a stupid Hollywood stunt.

BeerThirty

I'm not a book person. Other than the Bible, I have not touched a book since college 12 years ago. However, if you enjoy fishing, "Fishing on the Edge" by pro angler Mike Iaconelli is just an awesome read. I was not able to put it down, and that's saying something for me!

joepuppy

Louis L'Amour's autobiograpghy Education of a Wandering Man is a must read for anyone who enjoys his writing.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I know it sounds funny, but my go to / sit'n on the beach waiting on a fish to bite book is Jimmy Buffett's "Where is Joe Merchant". Surprisingly great read, better than his other two "Tales from Margaritaville" and "A Salty Piece of Land". Both of which are good too.

greg_n_clayton

Barnabas, came to the Carolinas from England, his adventures took him west of the Blue Mountains. His son Jubal ventured across the great river then on to the mountains of the west by way of the river that runs from the great river northwest into the shining mountains.
That is it. Do you have it or know where I can find it ?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It's a series of books that starts in the 1600s with Barnabas and ends in the 1800s.
There are 16 books in the series with many related short stories.
The book Jubal Sackett covers Jubal's adventures west.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I know it sounds funny, but my go to / sit'n on the beach waiting on a fish to bite book is Jimmy Buffett's "Where is Joe Merchant". Surprisingly great read, better than his other two "Tales from Margaritaville" and "A Salty Piece of Land". Both of which are good too.

The Buffet books were good reads.

I was always a Buffet fan, but his politics are a buzz kill. I jut listen to the oldies now.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The Buffet books were good reads.

I was always a Buffet fan, but his politics are a buzz kill. I jut listen to the oldies now.
Been to about every concert he did in the south east from the 80's till about 10 years ago. I had a friend that knew him and when we were in the keys diving we went to meet him and ended up on a 2 day boat ride, that was a blast. Best time was when he had a "talk" about the Joe Merchant book at the Fox. I showed up in white tails and hat...grass skirt, flip flops, and a coconut bra. Got a personalized autographed copy of the book.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
… for a start..
Wayne Stinnet : Jesse McDermit series. (in the Keys)
Cap Daniels: Chase Fulton series (Caribbean)
Dawn Lee McKenna : Forgotten Coast series (Apalachicola, FL)
Mark Stone : Costal Jusice-Dillon Storm series (Naples, FL)
Nelson DeMille : John Corey series (East coast)
Craig Johnson : Walt Longmire series (Wyoming)

Thanks. I love the Florida based books.

AceOfTheBase

Thanks. I love the Florida based books.
Also Steve Becker wrote Mac Travis Adventures in the Keys, plus Kurt Hunter series in Biscayne Bay, FL.
(Becker makes some references to Wayne Stinnets work = fun)

Agree 200% on John MacDonald and James Lee Burke, both are American classics, imo.