Border crisis

Thread starter #1
The president is threatening to declare a national emergency over the border crisis!
With all the back and forth in the news and social media, I wanted to get you guys opinion.
Should he declare a national emergency and build the wall or should he stay the course and go through Congress?

Last edited:
I prefer to get the upper hand on the Enemy, and then don't let up, annihilate at every turn.

At a prior point in my life and the course of this Country, I would've agreed with PopPop.

It would be better to go through Congress, but they're not going to let him. If Trump found a cure for cancer tomorrow and tried to release it, the Democrats would fight him tooth and nail over it.

When I heard about this, my first response was, No. My thinking was that if we did this the Dems could turn it on us one day, when they are back in power. I kept thinking about them declaring "Climate change" a national emergency. But the more I thought about it the more I thought they would do that anyway. I think he should declare it today and when some 9th circuit clown declares in unconstitutional, demand an emergency session of the SCOTUS, to get a quick resolution.

dwhee87

Conveniently, Trump, too, has a pen and a phone.

Put 'em to work.

Build it. Obummer did much worse by executive order ... see DACA. DACA is one reason we are having the current problem. They want in before that gets squashed by the SCOTUS.

No. A thousand times no. I’ll take a pass on an imperial president. Just keep the government closed until the Democrats relent. If you want to preserve and protect the Constitution now is the time to do it.

The 1976 act has already been used 58 times (more than once a year).

Funding for a total of over 3,000 miles of various border barriers has been previously approved by Congress and signed by past Presidents. (some of it didn't get funded, other parts were amended before built, and almost 1,000 miles of barriers, walls and fences have been erected.

About 1,800 people a week are currently dying of drug overdoses after using drugs smuggled across the US/Mexico border.

63,000 people in the US have been murdered by illegal aliens since 9/11.

1,000s of minors are caught crossing the border. Over 22,000 are now in custody pending hearings (we can not legally release them or return them to their homes until a fed judge rules) each minor in US custody costs about $785 A DAY ($6 Billion a year).

Tens of thousands of women have been raped while traveling to through Mexico to reach the US border hoping to illegally enter.

Over 60% of illegal aliens attempting to enter the USA have chronic diseases including HIV, TB, chicken pox, mumps, measles and STDs.

Somewhere between 30 and 200 people a year die in the desert attempting to illegally enter the US.

Illegal Aliens cost the US taxpayer at least $155 Billion a year.

California (after it was revealed that registered voters in LA county totaled over 115% of the county's population of US citizens) admits they have no idea how many illegal aliens voted in the 2016 or the 2018 elections.

Illegal Aliens in the USA commit identity fraud about 1,000,000 times PER YEAR.

There is both precedent for a declaration of a National Emergency and a verifiable need for a wall. I say, set a deadline (in January 2019). If Congress does not forkover the funding authority by the deadline write the Ececutive Order, ignore the writs and whines of the liberal judges (that will certainly come), and build the WHOLE WALL!

Funding for a total of over 3,000 miles of various border barriers has been previously approved by Congress and signed by past Presidents. (some of it didn't get funded, other parts were amended before built, and almost 1,000 miles of barriers, walls and fences have been erected.

About 1,800 people a week are currently dying of drug overdoses after using drugs smuggled across the US/Mexico border.

1,000s of minors are caught crossing the border. Over 22,000 are now in custody pending hearings (we can not legally release them or return them to their homes until a fed judge rules) each minor in US custody costs about $785 A DAY ($6 Billion a year).

Tens of thousands of women have been raped while traveling to through Mexico to reach the US border hoping to illegally enter.

Over 60% of illegal aliens attempting to enter the USA have chronic diseases including HIV, TB, chicken pox, mumps, measles and STDs.

Somewhere between 30 and 200 people a year die in the desert attempting to illegally enter the US.

California (after it was revealed that registered voters in LA county totaled over 115% of the county's population of US citizens) admits they have no idea how many illegal aliens voted in the 2016 or the 2018 elections.

There is both precedent for a declaration of a National Emergency and a verifiable need for a wall. I say, set a deadline (in January 2019). If Congress does not forkover the funding authority by the deadline write the Ececutive Order, ignore the writs and whines of the liberal judges (that will certainly come), and build the WHOLE WALL!
Those are facts, but its Immoral :)

NOYDB

Call up the troops and build it. Given the resources the military will have it up in record time.
There are no military resources. They get resources from the tax payers.

Provide a subsidy to Elon and some phony prototypes will be generated.

Did you know that 83.6% of all statistics are made up on the fly?